tensioner pulley only?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tensioner pulley only?

Ok I went to a cruise event this last saturday with about 50 cars all enjoying a spirited 65mi cruise. I may have gotten a lil carried away with keeping my revs in the 4k+ range to keep up with the v8s and boosted 6s. But now my tensioner pulley vibrates like a ladies toy. Can I just replace the pulley or should I get the entire tensioner? I still have the old style coolant hoses too.

Re: tensioner pulley only?

You have to buy the whole tensioner assembly to replace the tensioner.
    08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
    96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Originally posted by akirony View Post
      Ok I went to a cruise event this last saturday with about 50 cars all enjoying a spirited 65mi cruise. I may have gotten a lil carried away with keeping my revs in the 4k+ range to keep up with the v8s and boosted 6s. But now my tensioner pulley vibrates like a ladies toy. Can I just replace the pulley or should I get the entire tensioner? I still have the old style coolant hoses too.
      98+ (upgraded) steel pulley is p/n 24506756. Be careful as the bolt is a LEFT HAND THREAD.

Robert - owner www.FirebirdV6.com "Mid-life crisis? I'm way beyond that!"

1996 Black Firebird GTxxxRam Air V6 w/ M5xxxwww.FirebirdGT.com

Raven

Comment

OK sorry. Its a 2000 firebird. I know my tensioner is still good and Id rather get the pulley than an assembly for my budget just to hold me till January then im dumping cash into.

Comment

OK sorry. Its a 2000 firebird. I know my tensioner is still good and Id rather get the pulley than an assembly for my budget just to hold me till January then im dumping cash into.
          And the p/n for ONLY the pulley is 24506756.

Raven

Comment

Thank you sir:bowdown:. Ive been reading stories on pulleys locking. :omg:

Comment

Thank you sir:bowdown:. Ive been reading stories on pulleys locking. :omg:
              That is common on the 93-97 PLASTIC pulleys (tensioner and idler). After the dealer replaced the ENTIRE tensioner/heater assembly with the plastic pulley (after I ripped the seized pulley off the tensioner doing 85 on the interstate), I figured out that the idler was the same pulley, and that the 98+ had STEEL. So my 96 now has two STEEL pulleys.

Raven

Comment

Go with the steel one.. I had the plastic pully crack, belt slipped off.. and yeah cleaning burnt rubber off the engine block and accessories was not fun...
                In America's Hat!

1997 Camaro 30th 'vert... GT1 cam/C6 wheels/Flowmaster/HIDs/Viper 2 way alarm/Alpine audio mods up the wazoo
                2005 Equinox LT... mostly stock daily/Thule snowsports roof system/sound + interior mods

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                Working...
                X