95 3.4 5spd camaro fast idle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 95 3.4 5spd camaro fast idle

Ok guys, I just replaced the iac valve cleaned inside the hole it goes in and cleaned the throttle body still idles between 1200-1500 rpms and when I press on the clutch like to drift in neutral to a stop it stays around 1600 or if im doing 55 or 60 it will idle up to 1800 when I go to kick it in neutral and drift down a hill. What is left I can try or replace?

Re: 95 3.4 5spd camaro fast idle

does the 3.4 have a throttle position sensor

Comment

Originally posted by 3.8lcoty View Post
      does the 3.4 have a throttle position sensor
      yes it does..and that can be the problem..it has happened to me already...also a vacuum leak

Comment

I have a feeling this is more ICM related.

Comment

well mine did the same thing for the longest time and i had to replaced the iac and the tps before it stopped and its been over a year and no problems make sure you get the codes cleared to

Comment

Just put new tps on and started car now its idling at 2000 rpms just sitting still I'm lost on what to do next???

Comment

un hook your battery and all so it should clear the codes maybe drive around some and if that dosent work go and crank your car on and i heard this was a good trick go and un plug your tps if it dosent cut off then its not that plug it back up then go to iac and so on and if its messed up your engine should turn off or check for a vacuum leak

Comment

The iac and tps are new is there. Is there a way I can adjust the tps

Comment

I unplugged the iac tps and the electrical connector on the intake and it slowed the idle to b1000 from 2000, what the hell is going on?? Do i need to unhook battery

Comment

I unhooked the battery for about 30 mins hooked it back up and fired it up. It still idles around 1,000-1,200 rpms when the check engine light comes on it idles up to 1200 rpms. New IAC new TPS reset it what else can I do...? I'm lost

Comment

Try to un plug them one at a tome and see which one chages it and which ever is the bad one I had to replace one of them twice I can't remember which one I replaced twice thought

Comment

I don't know how similar the 3.4 is to the 2.8. I had that same problem too, but what I did was replace the ICM and made sure that it was 1 1/8" (according to recommendation) and that cured my high idle. It went from 2200 back down to 650.

I know that if it's the TPS the needle of your rpm would be somewhat bouncing.

Comment

It surges everyonce in awhile I've unplugged them all and none of them case my car to die. I havent tried unplugging map sensor while its running should i try that?

Comment

Have you checked your ignition timing and have you tried to see if you have a leak on your EGR or EGR tube?

Also if it's the MAP sensor your fuel consumption would be horrible. You'd be getting 7-9 mpg and your idle would be rough.

Comment

It has a little bit of a rough idle it spits out black smoke when u get on it and I'm only getting around 15 mpg. Haven't checked egr or egr tube where are they located? And I drive easy shift around 1700 rpms. Keep tires pumped up and just put new platinum plugs and wires in and still 15 mpg...terrible

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X