Just learned you CAN use Truck Accessories in F-Bodies on LQX LMX motors - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just learned you CAN use Truck Accessories in F-Bodies on LQX LMX motors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just learned you CAN use Truck Accessories in F-Bodies on LQX LMX motors

It appears if you swap the alternator to the passenger side by using a half inch space and the tensioner to the driverside, it will work...

That would be sick for V6'ers looking to upgrade to V8's as doing this would be VERY cheap...

A used 5.3L can be had for $400...
    K-Member another $200
    You can send the truck wiring harness in to be reworked and integrated with your V6 harness for about $300
    LS1 intake can be had for $100
    Trans, depending on what you want can range between $500 and $2,000

In parts that comes down to about $1,500 ...lets round up to $2,000 for misc stuff...

Still not too bad...

I was kind of wondering what people would think of a motor swap kit if one could be offered for the truck motors for less than $3,000 in parts... Im not saying Im going to do it, Im only hypothetically speaking.

I don't think it would be easy to offer one unless you have a shop as it would be difficult shipping an engine, transmission, or K-Member to anyone.
    1997 Camaro RS W/T-Tops<br />All Stock / 200 HP

Re: Just learned you CAN use Truck Accessories in F-Bodies on LQX LMX motors

Where do you send the wiring harness to?
    Team NoVa

2000 Firebird- Intake, Pacesetters, !cat, full 2.5 to flowcrapster, 1.9 rockers, LS6 springs and Intense modded retainers, WS6 speedlines, T/A bumpers and hatch, 5 spd swapped, SOON TO BE nitrous'd and cammed.

Comment

There's a lot of 5.3 swapped f-bodies. Iron block, ready for power adders galore. It's been done for quite a few years now.

Comment

Anybody on this site done this?? I would love to see one. :drool:

Comment

Originally posted by flamingchicken View Post
          Where do you send the wiring harness to?
          There's a place on Ebay that will re-wire your wiring harness to fit your application. I think its called MY-EFI.

Originally posted by WarShrike View Post
          There's a lot of 5.3 swapped f-bodies. Iron block, ready for power adders galore. It's been done for quite a few years now.
          Yeah, it's just didn't know you could also use the truck accessories. I was always informed the front accessories all had to be swapped out for F-Body accessories which can easily add about $700 to the cost of this motor swap. Using truck accessories saves a tremendous expense.

Originally posted by ScottS4050 View Post
          Anybody on this site done this?? I would love to see one. :drool:
          http://ls1tech.com/forums/conversion...-4-camaro.html

I'm in process of doing it right now but I'm using the F-Body Accessories. on LS1 Tech there is a guy who converted a 3.4L to a 5.3L using the trucks accessories.

Comment

Originally posted by Need4Camaro
            Yeah, it's just didn't know you could also use the truck accessories. I was always informed the front accessories all had to be swapped out for F-Body accessories which can easily add about $700 to the cost of this motor swap. Using truck accessories saves a tremendous expense.
            You could run Corvette or CTS-V accessories. It's all just a matter of what will fit.
            '99 Camaro
            '04 Saab 9-3 Aero
            '90 Audi Coupe Quattro

Comment

Originally posted by pace2006 View Post
              You could run Corvette or CTS-V accessories. It's all just a matter of what will fit.
              I thought there would be hood clearance issues with those in a F-Body.

Comment

Originally posted by Need4Camaro View Post
                I thought there would be hood clearance issues with those in a F-Body.
                There could be depending on the accessories and what hood you have. Someone might not use a hood and could run whatever accessories or intake they want. :p
                '99 Camaro
                '04 Saab 9-3 Aero
                '90 Audi Coupe Quattro

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                Working...
                X