intake gasket/head removal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• intake gasket/head removal

ok so i'm new to the forum and i need some help I got a week to get the car together but I have never messed with the push rods and heads on any car.. ...I need to replace the intake gasket and the pushrods go thru the gasket.... Is there anyone in the michigan area that can help me out I really dont want to mess with removing the heads but I dont wanna reuse the gasket any help would be greatly appreciated Thanks

Re: intake gasket/head removal

by the way if you can help please text me the info i dont think i will be on too much do to the car so please text me 5866902452 the name is Ryan

Comment

This should answer all your question. http://www.dxsoftware.com/magnus/v6headscam.htm

Comment

So what are you trying to do? If you just need to do intake gaskets then there is no reason to pull the heads. Whether you have the 3.4 or 3.8 you can do the intake with no issue. The 3.4 requires the rockers to be taken off, but the 3.8 doesnt.
        Team NoVa

2000 Firebird- Intake, Pacesetters, !cat, full 2.5 to flowcrapster, 1.9 rockers, LS6 springs and Intense modded retainers, WS6 speedlines, T/A bumpers and hatch, 5 spd swapped, SOON TO BE nitrous'd and cammed.

Comment

yeah i got the intake gaskets done and had to loosen the rockers and slide the pushrods out for the gasket like noted. Now the car tries to start but is extremely rough sputter instead of running and a slight backfire kind of pop noise.......I didnt mess with the belt or timing at all and I changed the plugs and wires 1-1 so I know that is correct......Is there anyone in the metro-Detroit area that could help me out in person lol Thanks for the feedback please feel free to shoot any help you can preferrably to my email ryan.redmond87@gmail.com......I'm not use to having a account with a forum so I tend to forget about it sometimes.....Thanks everyone

Comment

ok so i tightened up the pushrods and it smokes a little bit (smells like gas) and it sputters does a little backfire pop and shuts off......would it be that the injectors are not seated all the way or that the o-rings are worn out and not getting a good seal? I'm far from a mechanic I'm just trying to think of possibilities.....I really need my car running....if you guys have any other ideas please let me know......btw the smoke is coming from the upper manifold and comes out the intake too a little bit.....and i just noticed that I'm missing the line from the back of the intake manifold *behind the fuel rail* and it conects to the brake booster......idk if that would help but I want it there lol......

Comment

What year and model is this on?
              08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
              96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Its a 3.4 since he said he had to loosen the rockers to pull the pushrods out and change the intake gaskets. That line that goes to the brake booster is a MUST or you have a big intake leak. did you tighten the rockers per the haynes/chilton manual?
                Team NoVa

2000 Firebird- Intake, Pacesetters, !cat, full 2.5 to flowcrapster, 1.9 rockers, LS6 springs and Intense modded retainers, WS6 speedlines, T/A bumpers and hatch, 5 spd swapped, SOON TO BE nitrous'd and cammed.

Comment

yes can you tell me what I would have to buy to replace that line? like each part

Comment

its a 94 3.4L

Comment

ok sorry for posting so much repeatedly but to update i found the big hose from the brake booster to the manifold.....there is a little hose that branches off the T fitting I'm not sure where that one goes but the car still doesn't want to start either......

Comment

How bad is it to replace the upper intake gasket? Mine is leaking. Thanks.

Comment

it is easy, if it is a problem do it asap its a one day thing and you will not have to worry about it any more

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X