How to check for Manifold leaks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to check for Manifold leaks

Guys, I got some issues. I start car up, and it runs rough. Revving it up it seems sluggish. I notice some smoke/vapor from manifold and from Valve Breather. Strong smell of gas inside car. Any suggestions?

Re: How to check for Manifold leaks

Don't light a cigarette.:D

Comment

Originally posted by jughead View Post
      Guys, I got some issues. I start car up, and it runs rough. Revving it up it seems sluggish. I notice some smoke/vapor from manifold and from Valve Breather. Strong smell of gas inside car. Any suggestions?
      What engine? my 3.4L was like that and had a leaking injector.

Comment

OK found the problem. # 4 Injector was not working,( Also my MAF was very dirty) the wire was not even connected to it. Now, where can I get a new Injector connector? Car is 2001 Bird. What I am afraid to do is cut and sauter the new connector in there. Any suggestions? Ive seen injector connectors that splice in with new wires, but is there a plug and play alternative too?

Comment

Also, I am running 60/65 lb INjectors from Siemens, if that makes a difference.

Comment

Anyone? I know I can get them off other websites, but I was hoping for something local, I.E Oreillys, Autozone. PLEASE HELP I just need one!

Comment

is it a stock connector? if so yes you will have to splice it in but 2 wires and some good heat shrink it will still look clean.

Comment

GM dealers along with parts vendors which are ACDelco dealers have a "Pigtails" catalog which lists tons of different connectors used on GM cars.

You should be able to find that connector in the ACDelco Pigtails catalog.

Comment

Rog got it taken care of. Now I got a question on testing sensors. How do I check/test the following..... Mag sensor, mAp sensor, coil packs, icm and front two 02 sensors

Comment

Originally posted by jughead View Post
                    Rog got it taken care of. Now I got a question on testing sensors. How do I check/test the following..... Mag sensor, mAp sensor, coil packs, icm and front two 02 sensors
                    You need a Tech2 scanner to get the readings,most garages have them.

Comment

the coils can be tested with a ohm meter, the ICM can be tested at Autozone but you may not find a person that knows how to use the tester ( I had to just play with one to teach my self) but the MAF and MAP sensors are best tested in the car same as the O2

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X