WarShrike's Project Thread - V6 Firebird - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WarShrike's Project Thread - V6 Firebird

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: WarShrike's Project Thread - V6 Firebird

So for the first time since April 13, the Firebird went for a drive. Fired it up yesterday after doing the T-56 swap, took a lot longer to do than anticipated, but it is done!

Need to re-tune it and do some final adjustments along with putting the rest of the interior back in the car but I am happy to see the car running.

Comment

I would love to see how it all works together.

Comment

Awesome! Good to hear a big project finally reaching it's it's end and not being abandoned.
        aka FreedStyle
        Chaddrich Freed

(1 of 443) 2002 SLP Firebird GT #107 (244rwhp/254rwtq naturally aspirated)
        2008 Silverado Crew Cab 5.3L 4x4

Comment

Man I wish I could see your work in person, but my bird would die from exhaustion trying to make it to lubbock from dallas. You got me set on getting new seats now

Comment

Originally posted by akirony View Post
            Man I wish I could see your work in person, but my bird would die from exhaustion trying to make it to lubbock from dallas. You got me set on getting new seats now
            Haha, how do you think I felt, driving from College Station to Lubbock?

I should definitely look you up WarShrike.

Comment

Glad to see your driving the bird again. I noticed the crossmember is relocating the torque arm. Are you running a stock torque arm?

Originally posted by akirony View Post
              Thats an easy 5 hour cruise. I made that drive at night a couple of times one summer when the A/C went out in my camaro.

Comment

Originally posted by techsan23 View Post
                Glad to see your driving the bird again. I noticed the crossmember is relocating the torque arm. Are you running a stock torque arm?
                Yup. Haven't had any need to use anything else since I'm moving away from drag racing and more to just enjoyable cruising and maybe a little auto-x if they can get it going here again.

Maybe after I finish school I'll do a watts link setup.

I LOVE the way this car feels on the Strano/Koni setup!

Comment

Interior is all back in the car, new carpet is in, wish I had done it slightly different but got rushed (single guys take note lol!)...

Also, this car feels like it is an entirely different machine, looking forward to finishing break in and get some tuning done hopefully this week. It is also so much quieter with the rear panels and seats back in, rather nice.

I did take my wife and 2 month old out for a drive though, car seat fit perfectly in the back, my wife is only 5'5" so she fit fine up front in the Corbeau CR1's. Went and got the car washed and picked up some Blizzards at DQ. Oh what a feeling!

Pics later, gonna hit the sack...

Comment

Comment

Awesome build!!! Been watching your videos on YouTube.

---Craig

Comment

How heavy are the Corbeau's? good to see you finished the project and got it up and running. Now head back to the dyno! See how much you were superficially "losing" through the stall

2002 SOM Z28 Camaro - 12.9 @ 104 mph
                        1996 3800 Camaro - 13.43 @ 100.77 mph

Project Cars | How To Guides | Scratch Repair | Synthetic Oil

Comment

Originally posted by LETZRIDE View Post
                          How heavy are the Corbeau's? good to see you finished the project and got it up and running. Now head back to the dyno! See how much you were superficially "losing" through the stall
                          they are lighter if you drill holes in them lol. jk i'm pretty jealous of the seats and i would love to have a t56.

Comment

Originally posted by thebeewantsboost View Post
                            they are lighter if you drill holes in them lol. jk i'm pretty jealous of the seats and i would love to have a t56.
                            I like the way they look and I'd like to get a set of seats, but weight is major stipulation for me. I've heard you cant/shouldnt use kirkeys without a full roll cage in the car to. So they've gone out the window for me

2002 SOM Z28 Camaro - 12.9 @ 104 mph
                            1996 3800 Camaro - 13.43 @ 100.77 mph

Project Cars | How To Guides | Scratch Repair | Synthetic Oil

Comment

Now that you have the experience and know how, where do i drop off my car? And how much?

Comment

Cost of parts + $25/hour, I'm cheap labor and yet that's more than I get paid working in the OR lol!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X