WarShrike's Project Thread - V6 Firebird - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WarShrike's Project Thread - V6 Firebird

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: WarShrike's Project Thread - V6 Firebird

Looks good.
    08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
    96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

so i would love the dimensions of the t5- t56 adapter! it would be so easy to make!! I would love to go with a t56

Comment

Pulling the axles to install ARP studs and gonna install the ta performance rear end cover while I'm at it.

Also, rear end fluid should not be allowed to stew overnight in the garage in your oil catch pan. It wasn't so bad when I popped it open but once left to the air it got worse. Good thing it didn't look like chocolate milk though. I'm just doing a series of things to the car while also doing the manual trans swap.

Comment

Originally posted by WarShrike View Post
          Bigger TB and move it to the front.
          Curious as to why you would modify it.
          Daily: '02 Black Yukon Denali
          Toy: '06 Torrid Red GTO
          Gone: Powerdyned '02 Pewter Camaro
          Gone: '07 Charcoal Yamaha R6
          Gone: Ex-wife, lol

Comment

I have plans on running a WS6 hood and setting up a custom air box (the hood doesn't have the latch area so it is going to use latch pins). I'd rather have it all run straight through instead of meandering around the engine bay. Especially since I plan on going turbo later on down the road.

Something like this...

Last edited by WarShrike; 05-01-2012, 03:37 PM.

Comment

More stuff today...

Roads? Where we're going, we don't need roads...

Powerbond SFI balancer. It's been waiting a while to go in, this was the best opportunity to do it during the swap!

Comment

that intake manifold is hotttt

Comment

Hubs are all off. Gonna take it all to my dad's shop on Saturday morning, get the ARP studs pressed in. Put it all back on and then full steam ahead on the trans swap!

Comment

What an excellent write up and great info......Keep it up Warshrike

Comment

• Re: WarShrike's Project Thread - V6 Firebird

Pulled all of the carpet out of the car...Made $3.15 out of it in loose change. Previous owner had to have left their change in the little cubby hole in the console and not in the change holder where it should be. I guess that solves the odd rattles I had at times. Pulled the brake pedal assembly as well.

Ground on the block a little, but not enough as it was getting late. I have to shorten the driver side dowel on the block to clear the mal-wood adapter. Was about 1mm shy. Gonna go to harbor freight and buy a sawzal and go to town on the trans tunnel Monday night!

Debating on sending my steering rack in to turn one, mine is leaking and helping coat the bottom of my engine block and chassis in a nice, glossy film of CRAP!

Comment

Oh hey, I have a thread for posting stuff...

Comment

Front suspension is bolted on, looking great! I love working with brand new parts, a whole lot less cleanup involved

Finally got my 3/4" spacer for my hydraulic throwout bearing (yes, 3/4"). Luckily RAM had one that they use for retrofits for the T-56 on other cars. It's the size I needed as the flywheel and clutch that doesn't stick out as far from the block as on an LSX + the 1/4" adapter was enough to skew things enough to where I needed to run a spacer as a shim just wouldn't work.

I'll put in the trans, then bolt up the rear suspension components. Makes it easier for me to do it that way so I can fit the driveshaft on a little easier.

Then I gotta put the longtubes back on and put the interior pieces in :)

Comment

Had to mill the notches open a little more to accept the hydraulic lines on the bellhousing. Glad I had a friend with a bridge port.

Trans is bolted in, waiting on crossmember. Found a broken knock sensor (female connector wiggles around a lot), probably one reason why TSP had some odd KR when doing the dyno runs.

Wrestling that mofo in was a lot more enjoyable than the Auto.

Comment

Progress is being made, I'm a wiring newb so some things like wiring in the reverse lockout solenoid has been a challenge. I'm wiring it into the brake as I didn't feel like trying to figure out the rats nest of the pcm pinouts and couldn't get anything reliable off the old auto pigtail. I've run a grommet through the trans tunnel so I can run my wires cleanly through there and under the console and dash. I'm excited to get things finished and they look to be getting really close.

Especially after this:

I had to modify my T-56 crossmember. It takes a lot of balls/faith/stupidity to modify a brand spanking new crossmember for 1/2" of clearance needed because of the spacer. With a stock crossmember, there's probably enough tolerances in the manufacturing process that you might be able to bolt it up lol! Took it to a welder that used to work for the USAF, damned good guy, has a nice little piece of stainless steel welded to aluminum to showcase some of his work. Got extensions welded on, then had to go to a friend's place that had a drill press and a bridge port mill that had enough reach to work over the plate.

Took it home, test fit (LIKE A GLOVE! MEH MEH MEH!) and now the paint is drying.

I'll try and post here and there, and a writeup will follow at some point after the car is on the road.

Comment

glad to see progress is still being made.. I've still got my eye on this t56 swap/build. :tup:
                                aka FreedStyle
                                Chaddrich Freed

(1 of 443) 2002 SLP Firebird GT #107 (244rwhp/254rwtq naturally aspirated)
                                2008 Silverado Crew Cab 5.3L 4x4

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X