WarShrike's Project Thread - V6 Firebird - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WarShrike's Project Thread - V6 Firebird

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: WarShrike's Project Thread - V6 Firebird

Nope, not magnetic. It's just a regular old fitting.

The cutout up top is where the oil comes in from the engine before the filter.

Comment

Originally posted by WarShrike View Post
      Nope, not magnetic. It's just a regular old fitting.

The cutout up top is where the oil comes in from the engine before the filter.
      Thanks. I might try that. How far can I go?

Comment

No idea, machine shop installed the npt fitting to block off the oil filter bypass.

The cutout is just stock.

Comment

Originally posted by WarShrike View Post

The cutout is just stock.
          Good grief!!! Is it? I guess I didn't pay much attention to it.

Comment

Forgot I did this awhile back, got to spend some quality time with my daughter in the garage, took a timelapse run of it with the gopro. Hadn't done this before so it was essentially a test run.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aZkts_Yv85Q

Comment

Modified the Force Fed Fabs longtube headers to run a different collector design I ordered from Davis Headers. This venturi style collector will help with keeping the exhaust velocity up, something I’m concerned about since this is a higher compression engine. Turn down tips are by Kooks. Needs a few finishing touches like the O2 bungs and retaining springs.

Needless to say, I was a bit concerned about cutting into a very uncommon set of headers, but I went for it anyway.

Test Fit:

Comparison between the two designs:

Turndown tip for driving with the open headers, keeps the O2 sensor a little happier...

Comment

Thats going to be pretty loud with open headers.
                08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
                96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Yeah, it was last time. It'll be only for a short bit until I can get the merge connected.

Comment

Headers should be completed today, excited to see them. Can't believe this is getting so close.

Waiting on axle tube shims for the watts link, need to do the pcv catch can mod, top off the fluids, bleed the brakes/clutch lines and get it ready.

Wheels come in tomorrow, oh yeah forgot to mention that. I'll post pics when they come in. I really dig them, kind of a mix between a Z06 Spyder wheel and the CTS-V monoblocks.

Comment

Doss Wheels FF1's, 19x9.5, ~21lb flow formed wheel, waiting on a few odds and ends including tires before I can get this finished up.

Comment

Wow those are some big wheels. Look good though.
                        08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
                        96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Yeah, it's just finding 18's that clear the brembos has been quite difficult without spending a crapload of money on wheels and the C6 ZR1's just don't do it for me.

Comment

looks great! What size tire are you going to run?

Comment

275's to start with. Was happy with that size last time.

If I get some C5 Z06 wheels in 18x10.5, I'll try to run 315's for track duty.

Comment

I forget what shocks are you running are they adjustable height control or are tbe 19s going to fit alright?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X