WarShrike's Project Thread - V6 Firebird - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WarShrike's Project Thread - V6 Firebird

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: WarShrike's Project Thread - V6 Firebird

Lovin' the build, can't wait to see your turbo set-up. I'm back building parts for a l67/t56 swap in my 02 chicken. So your thread has helped me a lot with the t56 conversion luckily mine started out as a manual makes the swap a tiny bit easier.

Comment

Picking up this wee beastie here in a few days!

Comment

Looks good.
        08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
        96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Should run even better, lol!

Comment

Wait... is this your original engine? It's been awhile since I've seen this thread, but I'm really loving that valve covers. Why is it doubled pullied, is this a GTP engine?

-Oh OK, I see. I went back to page 21 and started reading what happened there.
            Last edited by 2.8 Bird; 06-12-2015, 09:02 PM.

Comment

You guys talk a lot about lift but didn't mention anything on flowing the heads. Can your heads support that much lift? I agree with Smokey he says they have to be equal esp on the exaust side. Btw new motor looks awesome in silver and ya the valve covers are old school cool. They compliment each other very well.

Comment

Old head got a crack between the valve guide, I scrapped it and got a new set.

Somebody on FTV6 had a set of heads that I had planned on getting when it was a complete engine (1000hp targeted boost build). Heads have been clearanced well above 600 lift, 1.9 Int, 1.55 Exh valves, race ported, it'll handle it.

Comment

Great build :) .
                  Leonard
                  www.fquick.com/96V6Junkie
                  sigpic

Comment

It's home! Now to make time to reinstall it and all the other fun parts.

Comment

What valve covers are those?
                      Robert - owner www.FirebirdV6.com "Mid-life crisis? I'm way beyond that!"

1996 Black Firebird GTxxxRam Air V6 w/ M5xxxwww.FirebirdGT.com

Raven

Comment

Kilkenny Castings from Australia. I got them because they came with a spacer, but my Yella Terra platinum adjustable rockers were galled.

Comment

Originally posted by WarShrike View Post
                          Kilkenny Castings from Australia. I got them because they came with a spacer, but my Yella Terra platinum adjustable rockers were galled.
                          I thought so - they look even better than the catalog pictures. KC169B? You going to relocate the ICM?
                          Last edited by FirebirdGT; 07-10-2015, 09:46 PM.
                          Robert - owner www.FirebirdV6.com "Mid-life crisis? I'm way beyond that!"

1996 Black Firebird GTxxxRam Air V6 w/ M5xxxwww.FirebirdGT.com

Raven

Comment

I think that's right, don't have the invoice with me but it is in the garage somewhere in the boxes.

ICM was relocated to the firewall a few years ago with the sheet metal valve covers I had. They were problematic and didn't seal up just right so I'd get an oil leak after awhile. Went with these, but didn't need the spacer as the other 1.7s I got are the non adjustable and worked under the regular height.

Comment

Looks good , mines in the shop getting some stuff added on to it also.
                              08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
                              96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

One more piece of the puzzle just arrived today!

Just waiting on some parts that were lagging on my watts link and plan to assemble the rear end at the end of this week.

I've searched around for different collectors that would meet what I was looking for to work with my upcoming changes to my exhaust setup. I found a guy on ebay that cut me a reasonable deal on a set of 3-1 merge collectors that had a venturi extension to try and keep velocity up. These were done by Mike Davis in California and knew exactly what I wanted from giving him some specs and a basic explanation.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X