WarShrike's Project Thread - V6 Firebird - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WarShrike's Project Thread - V6 Firebird

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: WarShrike's Project Thread - V6 Firebird

Omg!!

Comment

does the car feel any different with the subframe connectors.

Comment

Stiffer, t-tops don't squeak/squish when pulling into the driveway anymore. Quantifiable results? Nothing outside of what I can sense.

The car does need a quality alignment, that's more apparent now.

Comment

I'd say the subframe connectors did exactly what they needed to!

I had to do spark plugs today and spray paint the welds while I was under there. I don't feel safe trying to drive a manual trans car up on ramps and then put it on the stands so I just jack the car up on each side to get the front tire high enough to set it on the ramp.

I can now lift one entire side of the car and have both tires off the ground. The chassis could flex enough that the rear tire would still be on the ground at this height.

Comment

that's pretty awesome! my car flexes a ton.
            I was looking at your write up on that other site and I was wondering if you used the master cylinder for the v8 or the v6 car?

Comment

They're one in the same. Interchangeable between the V6 and V8 when you have the T5 with the internal hydraulic slave/throwout bearing setup.

I used the Adjustable Tick master cylinder. It's gotten a lot more expensive since I bought it as I got it for $299 shipped last year!

It's also buried in the mods list in this thread. Here's link to that immediate post, you'll find it under Drivetrain:
              http://forum.camarov6.com/showpost.p...&postcount=161
              Last edited by WarShrike; 09-03-2013, 10:19 PM.

Comment

damn they're proud of that thing. when i can get the funds together i'm gonna go for it. my transmission blew, a week ago. figure its time for an upgrade.

Comment

Yeah. I'm guessing the cost for billet aluminum is going up, and the cost is going to us.

Comment

You notice any difference with the sfc? I brought mine up here from home... Just need time and money to get them installed.

Comment

And I just read the rest of the posts. Nvm.

Comment

^It's okay :)

Got parts coming in. Boost block and turbo should be here soon. Have to assemble, will do that after some machine work to handle the powah and keep it sealed at ~25 psi and high rpm.

Comment

what exactly is your boost block? i picked up a t56 friday for 600 bucks. its a ls1 with 50k on it. didn't come with a bell housing though.

Comment

Can't remember if it is an L36 or newer block.

L32 rods, Diamond 8.5:1 pistons, L26 heads, bearings, rings, and a Garrett T67 turbo.

I'm debating on running the diamond 8.5:1's, I'm kinda wanting a little higher compression to help with street manners.

Comment

id personally prefer to run a little higher compression also. my car is pretty quick from a roll. but its hard to stay with v8's off the line even with the l36 compression. eventually i'm going to run a l67 bottom end which has the 8.5:1 compression ratio also. i'll probably try to get a faster spooling setup when that time comes.

Comment

Have you heard of Midwest Chassis, War? I've been looking at reviews and etc and they come up as a company that offers a true sfc. I mean, I already have the UMI SFC, but just looking at other options.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X