WarShrike's Project Thread - V6 Firebird - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WarShrike's Project Thread - V6 Firebird

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: WarShrike's Project Thread - V6 Firebird

I didn't look close enough, as they say 1.6 on them.
    08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
    96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Got the BLS projectors finished after some fine tuning and me fixing one of my screwups. My camera doesn't know WTF to do in auto with the lights like this, and I didn't have time to fart around with the settings...

Comment

Are the fog lights complete housings or just bulbs and ballasts?
        sigpic

Comment

Just bulbs and ballasts. Those will be getting dropped down to 6000K's whenever they go out.

Comment

• Originally posted by WarShrike View Post
            Just bulbs and ballasts. Those will be getting dropped down to 6000K's whenever they go out.
            For saying that they never will go out now lol

Comment

• Hey war shrike , did you ever get a dyno number on your build? Sorry if you did and put it on here. Didn't see it.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Comment

196 whp/196 tq on the automatic with an unlocked 3800 stall. Not finished tuning for max effort with the T-56, been too busy with school stuff and currently waiting on coils.

Comment

• 196? What for real? I thought it would of have been more since you did a full rebuild and rocker arms. Dont take it into offence man but Did you do a cam to or not? I asking cause I wana do a build for mine . I'm going to buy a spare engine and work on it here and there and swap it in.

Comment

It was an unlocked torque converter...had it actually locked, his numbers would have been higher.
                    aka FreedStyle
                    Chaddrich Freed

(1 of 443) 2002 SLP Firebird GT #107 (244rwhp/254rwtq naturally aspirated)
                    2008 Silverado Crew Cab 5.3L 4x4

Comment

Originally posted by FIREBIRDV6RAGE View Post
                      196? What for real? I thought it would of have been more since you did a full rebuild and rocker arms. Dont take it into offence man but Did you do a cam to or not? I asking cause I wana do a build for mine . I'm going to buy a spare engine and work on it here and there and swap it in.
                      As CFreed covered, the stall was unlocked. Also, we didn't turn it up past 6000rpms either.

Now, yes I did do a cam and a few other things. Mind you, before I did this rebuild I dyno'd 184 TQ @ 4700 / 169 HP @ 5300 on the old engine, just running longtubes, rumbler, whisper lid and a generic mail order tune.

I'd dyno'd almost 20whp more than another stock V6 firebird that was there that same day...

Comment

Also, for the sake of posterity:

Factory Options:
                        GU6 & G80, AKA 3.42's and a posi. Something not commonly found in V6's outside the W68/Y87 packaged cars.

Exterior Modifications:
                        Speedline Mistral 6's 17" x 9.5"
                        Blainefab 1/2" wheel spacers
                        Kumho Ecsta 275 x 40 x 17
                        6000K HID BLS Bi-Xenon kit.
                        8000K HID fog lights.
                        60LED Switchback DRL/Turn Signals.
                        Debadged, trim delete and rear filler panel is now devoid of the firebird name and logo.

Interior Modifications:
                        Corbeau CR1 race seats
                        Aftermarket black carpet
                        PLX Wideband gauge in central AC vent
                        Weight Reduction
                        Firebird logo engraved shift knob

Performance:
                        Whisper Lid
                        Intense S1X NA Cam: 212º/216º .556"/.546" 113º LSA (With 1.7 ratio rockers)
                        Yella Terra 1.7 Platinum series roller rockers
                        PAC 130# springs
                        60°Inclusive ported heads and intake
                        10:1 Compression
                        LS6 Fuel Injectors w/ FAST spacers
                        Manton Pushrods
                        LS7 lifters
                        Fabricated Valve Covers
                        Force Fed Fabs Longtube Headers
                        3" Spun Metallic Cat
                        3" Electric cutout
                        3" dual out turbo muffler (Dynomax) with Corsa Clones

Suspension/Chassis:
                        Front:
                        Strano 35mm swaybar
                        Strano SP141 springs
                        Koni Yellow 4/4 shocks
                        PARacing Tubular K-member RR
                        Rear:
                        Strano 22mm swaybar
                        Strano SP141 springs
                        Koni Yellow 4/4 shocks
                        UMI Performance LCA's
                        UMI Performance Adjustable Panhard Bar

Drivetrain:
                        Aluminum Driveshaft
                        BMR Torque Arm Relocation Cross member
                        Mal-Wood Ecotec V6 to T-56 bellhousing adapter
                        Tick performance master cylinder
                        Centerforce clutch
                        GTO MM12 T-56 (6-speed transmission)
                        MGW T-56 shifter
                        ARP Wheel studs

Electronics:
                        HPTuners
                        AEM Wideband
                        CDT Door Speakers: CL-61CV.2
                        CDT Sail Panel Subwoofers: HD-6M DVC

To-Do List:
                        Modify holden intake to work with truck throttle body.

Install ram air hood, build air box.

Build parts pile for boost build.

Comment

• Can't wait too see that boost build. But warshrike , idk if you have seen my thread called RAGES Transformation, but since you have done way more on your build do you think I can get a v6 with a 6 speed to drift , I would do a suspention upgrade and rebuild the engine which I know I would need if I want more power. Also there will be wheight reduction. Done to lighten up the rear. If I do decide too go with it , I'm still stuck on it.

Comment

You can get it to drift if you try, it's not my forte'. The F-body T-56 has longer ratios than the GTO T-56 I have in my car. The GTO setup is more sport oriented. If you want to spend the coin on the swap/trans, you'll have your work cut out for you. If you can get a g-force T-5 built for less than what it might cost you on the conversion, that might be a better route.

Do that then get either a tunnel mounted torque arm or a torque arm relocation kit to improve longevity of the trans during abusive shifts/clutch kicks and other drivetrain shock from drifting. You'll also want to maintain the clutch and brake fluid more often than usual to maintain function of your hydraulics.

Steering angle will be one of your biggest holdups on the f-body. You'll have to modify the spindle and tie rods to actually get any good angle of attack and maintain control.

Engine will need to be able to handle high rpm's over extended periods. Drifting isn't done at 3,000rpms. You're putting the engine through a lot of abuse to keep the tires lit up, so you'll need heavier duty valves, springs, double roller timing chain, and you might want to make sure you address the oiling of the car to make sure it handles the oil pickup just fine during higher g sustained corners.

Last thing you need is oil starvation.

Comment

• Yea I know the engine will be goin at least 4500 rpm. And I'm going to have to do a a4 to m5 then and the streering I know that will need to be looked at. All right well thanks for your input warshrike. Looks like I got money to save up and some research to do.

Comment

While waiting on other things, I replaced a few items. Both the ICM and coils were looking worse for wear and the car had started to stumble a bit after idling in the heat. Figured with my next step in the build, I'd just eliminate that issue right now with new ignition equipment.

Installed a new ICM and GTP/SSEI coils. The SSEI coils are ACDELCO Part # D576.

Also replaced my aging O2 sensors with some Denso units as I started getting a code thrown for inefficiency issues. Come to find out, my band clamps had worked loose a little and was letting air into the stream. Will have to make a note to myself to tighten them during each oil change interval.

Took it for a drive, but couldn't get spirited as there were literally police everywhere I looked! I can sense a bit smoother increase in the revs, but we'll see when I take it for a drive tomorrow and will do some tuning/datalogging on top of that.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X