what do you expect of the next gen v6? - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

what do you expect of the next gen v6?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: what do you expect of the next gen v6?

i dont think so lol, but you never know

Abbott long tubes,homemade true duals,slp ram air,whisper lid,eibach springs,kyb shocks,BMR subframe connectors, BMR LCA reloc brackets,BMR LCAs. T-top/manual converted

Comment

no no no no no no

current car- 95 Trans am- bolt ons, parked and collecting dust. why? because **** it

Follow me!
      http://www.twitch.tv/optimusprymrib
      Or this

Comment

Originally posted by mloaks
        I'd like 30 MPG, room for two tweeners in back, and a decent shifter.
        No gold bowtie. Handcranking, durable side windows.
        haha i dont know if a camaro is your car then...room has never been what these cars are known for haha.

1999 Firebird Y87/W68

Comment

Have they even said what engine is going to be used in the 6? Although its likely to sell a lot more than say, the Nissan Altima coupe for many reasons, it'd be sad if GM brought out the V6 Camaro with less hp than an Altima. I'm hoping for something in the ballpark of 275-280 hp/tq.

Lets be honest...a lot of 4th gen v6 drivers would kill for numbers like that in their already decently modded cars. As much as I'd like a V8, I'm pretty sure I'll be satisfied with nearly 300 hp for $5-7k+ less.

Comment

We talking crank HP or RWHP?

Comment

Originally posted by Mike88
              Have they even said what engine is going to be used in the 6? Although its likely to sell a lot more than say, the Nissan Altima coupe for many reasons...
              Are you kidding? How many Altima coupes do you see in comparison to V6 f-bodies...?

Comment

Crank horsepower... I think 300hp 350ft pounds torque isn't far from reality.

EDIT: 250 foot pounds. 350 tq would be incredible from an n/a V6 though.
                Last edited by JohnnyC; 10-04-2007, 01:03 PM.
                \'97 Camaro M5 Y87 3.23 LSD, homebrew CAI, highfloCat, Flowmaster catback, Pacesetter headers, specstage3 clutch and aluminum flywheel, !egr, 2kW system.<br /><br />Possible L67 bottom end w/ abbott heads and a turbo in the works... gotta do more homework

Comment

Originally posted by Disruptore4
                  Are you kidding? How many Altima coupes do you see in comparison to V6 f-bodies...?
                  I hardly see any altima coupes around here...I don't know where you live. The camaro will not be in direct competition with the nissan, I'm just saying they should come out with a v6 base engine with more HP than a v6 Japanese car.

Comment

well with what gm has planed as far as engine tech goes it looks good. They are coming out with duel stage hybrid tahoe/yukon. 6.0L v8 that gets 21mpg. Thats the same as a camry 4banger. and like 4 mpg better then v6

dont know about you but, a 5000lbs car that makes over 330hp/torque and makes 20/21 mpg is a hell of a step in power with precision

what ever engine they put in the car, im sure we will be happy with it.
                    unlike the 4thgen v6s the 5th gen v6s wont be just an after thought

Abbott long tubes,homemade true duals,slp ram air,whisper lid,eibach springs,kyb shocks,BMR subframe connectors, BMR LCA reloc brackets,BMR LCAs. T-top/manual converted

Comment

Originally posted by Mike88
                      I hardly see any altima coupes around here...I don't know where you live. The camaro will not be in direct competition with the nissan, I'm just saying they should come out with a v6 base engine with more HP than a v6 Japanese car.
                      Yep.
                      Anybody know much about V6 Chargers? Are they an alternative to a V6 Fbody?

Comment

V6 chargers are in the 16s from what I have been told. V6 F-bodies should be 14 second cars from the factory in '09.
                        \'97 Camaro M5 Y87 3.23 LSD, homebrew CAI, highfloCat, Flowmaster catback, Pacesetter headers, specstage3 clutch and aluminum flywheel, !egr, 2kW system.<br /><br />Possible L67 bottom end w/ abbott heads and a turbo in the works... gotta do more homework

Comment

The current v6 charger (the 3.5L not the 2.7)has the power to basically run with the 04 and older v8 mustang. I believe that I read that their in the 250's hp wise and tq is 250ftLb's. The 2.7 is in the same ballpark as us stock with 178hp and 190tq. As for the 2009 camaro it is listed on the chevy site as the LS2 V8 400hp 400tq.
                          255/50R16 Tires, Pioneer Deck, Pioneer 4 Way speakers, PPI Amps, JL subs, Spec Stage 3 Clutch, Optima Yellow Top

Comment

Oh and hope to god that we don't get a ecotech turbocharged as the cheap engine.
                            255/50R16 Tires, Pioneer Deck, Pioneer 4 Way speakers, PPI Amps, JL subs, Spec Stage 3 Clutch, Optima Yellow Top

Comment

I4 turbo? They're over 250hp, but I'd hate to see people with ricer sounding camaros driving around, excluding everyone with Flowmaster catbacks. I4 turbo would mean gas mileage and more camaro sales and owners would be asked by the local Honda street team, "Yo son dat **** got V-teck!?"

Comment

Will the nose be like the concept? If so, I don't like the "retro-nose" It is like taking ideas from the Challenger and Mustang. Chevy must to put it apart from the rest. Camaro, like Corvett have never reseamble the past.
                                Camaro99\'3.8, original spoil package (no body mods...PROUDLY), K&N, Lid 3800II, SLP CAI, Flowmaster, Z28Chrome Tips, 180* Thermostat.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X