what do you expect of the next gen v6? - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

what do you expect of the next gen v6?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what do you expect of the next gen v6?

well lets hear it!

current car- 95 Trans am- bolt ons, parked and collecting dust. why? because **** it

Follow me!
    http://www.twitch.tv/optimusprymrib
    Or this

Re: what do you expect of the next gen v6?

250 hp with some sort of sport package pushing it up to 280 or something like that

Comment

I would have to guess upper 200s. Maybe 270hp 280tq? Just throwing that out there since that's around the range of other V6 cars right now.

We will probably also see a sport package and handling package of some sort. I would suspect a sport package will probably be visual upgrades like wheels, body mods, graphics, and maybe exhaust/intake.

Comment

Doesn't really matter to me, seeinga s I wont be out of college til 2010 and when I buy one, it's gonna have an 8 in it:)
        Car expresses who you are. If you have a ****ty car, you must be a ****ty person;)<br /><br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/ride/995979\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/ride/995979</a>

Comment

they might swap in the DI v6 engine that is currently being used in the cady cts and that makes about 300 hp would be kinda nice to have that to compete with the 350z/g35 and some BMW

Abbott long tubes,homemade true duals,slp ram air,whisper lid,eibach springs,kyb shocks,BMR subframe connectors, BMR LCA reloc brackets,BMR LCAs. T-top/manual converted

Comment

what would i like to see? a 300hp/tq with sporty supension and looks options..

what will we see? 260-280hp/tq with a y87 type option again.

my only worry is with the companys always finding way to add more weight. i mean if they up the weight by 2-300 lbs, what good does it do to give us that little bit more power. any ideas on the weight of the new f-body?

Comment

lutz has said they are taking weight out of the car, and that we should be pretty happy with the final weight of the car

Abbott long tubes,homemade true duals,slp ram air,whisper lid,eibach springs,kyb shocks,BMR subframe connectors, BMR LCA reloc brackets,BMR LCAs. T-top/manual converted

Comment

as long as it beats on the v6 mustang... then I'm aight :)
                Welcome future UK stars... Darius Miller, Deandre Liggins, Kevin Galloway, Josh Harrellson

Comment

There will be no options the first year. There never is. NO SS just a base 6 that I'd guess will be in the ballpark of 240 and a V8 with LS2 probably, that will be restricted down to 370ish. I've made the call so we'll see. Be nice to see when it does come out whos closest.
                  Originally posted by kala
                  I'll have buttsecks with Richard Simmons!

TEAM BLACK!!!
                  parting her out

Comment

It won't be a LS-2. It will more than likely be a LS-3 possibly with direct injection.

Also, there have been some reports that say they won't be doing the dumbed down numbers like they use to. The vette and camaro are clearly for two different markets and they may start to build them that way.

Comment

I'd like 30 MPG, room for two tweeners in back, and a decent shifter.
                      No gold bowtie. Handcranking, durable side windows.

Comment

Originally posted by mloaks
                        I'd like 30 MPG, room for two tweeners in back, and a decent shifter.
                        No gold bowtie. Handcranking, durable side windows.
                        Not a big market for people who are willing to pay over 20k for crank windows. Some will want it but the masses will want power assesories they feel should be standard. If it was a race machine then yeah, but a 6 cylinder that lloks good in the subdivision, no

TEAM BLACK!!!
                        parting her out

Comment

well lets hope the window buttons dont suck as much *** as the 4th gen ones do.

current car- 95 Trans am- bolt ons, parked and collecting dust. why? because **** it

Follow me!
                          http://www.twitch.tv/optimusprymrib
                          Or this

Comment

i hope it will have active fuel management

Comment

Originally posted by Meatyshells
                              i hope it will have active fuel management
                              Do any 6 cylinders have that yet?

TEAM BLACK!!!
                              parting her out

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X