5th generation Trans Am

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 5th generation Trans Am

IMO, since I do see the work of GM every single day, I think GM overall is rising. The corvette is obviously not a F1 but still sick as hell. The Z06 is a little over priced for GM IMO but for what your get, its a steal. the trucks are getting nicer, not so blah. Tahoe/Suburban is a lot nicer this gen even though I think its too much like a car on the inside when it comes to appearance. the room and functionality is great. the DOD motor is wonderful for the SUV community even though its really only useful on the highway. the Impala, and Monte are leeps and bounds so much nicer than the last gen. not to mention the optional, tire burning DOD V8 engine. the cobalt is still a cheap car but is better than the cavy. These cars are lasting longer also. everyone says that its cause of the gas crunch that people dont come into the shops as much, I disagree. There are a lot less vehicles coming in on a tow truck. Gas prices dont change peoples minds when their car is stuck on the side of the highway or in the mall parking lot. As for other companies like cady and pontiac, ****em'! I work for Chevy. lol

As for the 5th gen camaro, I am shifting back to when it first came out that I dont like it. If it stays simular, cause we all know it wont be the same, I might not be able to stomach spending the money on it if i dont stop looking at the ugly thing.
    Last edited by BLLDOGG; 06-27-2006, 11:27 PM.
    2000 3.8 A4 Pewter Camaro

Comment

Yea they should have wen retro with the goats.
      01\'Y87 Firebird:Gt1 cam,Vig.3000 stall
      AR stage 3 heads/intakes to be installed
      www.cardomain.com/id/firehawknwv
      www.vaperz.com
      PEWTER MAFIA/ Kristen's "PEWTER MAFIA KING"

Comment

i think gm is improving but the kinda have to bend a lot to suit all their customers. like the impala, some people want it to be liek the camary and have good gas mileage and be relativley cheap and reliable. while others want it to be the rwd tire burning legend it once was. i like gm and i have family that works for them but if it wasn't for the next camaro, i dont think i coudl see myself driving any other gm vehicle. imho i think gm's best company right now is cadilac. they are making nice cars that can be luxurious and fast and they are going after the german market and doing a relativly good job at it. someone posted thsi before and im pretty sure their right, but gm wants pontiac to be a a bmw competitor, which probably won't happen because the technology pricing and engineering aspects are so off. this idea of having pontiac asa bmw would also crush the idea of a firbird, probably because it wouldnt be refined enough. i think gm is turnign around and getting better again but they have a lot of stiff competition with imports whether japanese or german.
        JpX

Comment

Originally posted by Rob Bell
          The GTO may be fast but it looks like a Grand Prix.
          If you truly think that, then you must think this:

Looks like this:
          <a href=\"http://dpo.rpaisley.com/displayfile.do?file_id=11856&size=ORIGINAL\" target=\"_blank\">05 GTO</a><br /><a href=\"http://dpo.rpaisley.com/displayfile.do?file_id=2825&size=ORIGINAL\" target=\"_blank\">97 W68</a><br /><a href=\"http://dpo.rpai

Comment

Originally posted by Mighty Thor
            Retro doesn't always guarantee improve in sales. Just look at the Ford Thunderbird. That thing is doing lousy in the market.
            Hey, I agreed with you since day one. It needs to be more aggressive maybe, but not retro. Like I said, they'll decide to go retro by the time people realize how old and stale retro is.
            <a href=\"http://dpo.rpaisley.com/displayfile.do?file_id=11856&size=ORIGINAL\" target=\"_blank\">05 GTO</a><br /><a href=\"http://dpo.rpaisley.com/displayfile.do?file_id=2825&size=ORIGINAL\" target=\"_blank\">97 W68</a><br /><a href=\"http://dpo.rpai

Comment

I found this on the web and posted it on my website. Just an artist impression of what it should look like
              Attached Files

Comment

If there is only a Camero, I'd seriusly consider getting a Comero-to-T/A conersion kit.
                I solemnly swear I am up to no good.

2008 Saturn Sky Red Line - Midnight Blue

Pewter Mafia - 2000 Firebird - SOLD
                CENTRAL FLORIDA KNIGHTS!!!!!!!
                FLORIDA STATE SEMINOLES !!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Jpx87
                  imho i think gm's best company right now is Cadillac. they are making nice cars that can be luxurious and fast and they are going after the German market and doing a relatively good job at it.
                  Just remember, It may look real nice but it is still a GM vehicle. with that said, you and I both know that GM doesn't make cars to the quality of Europeans companies so you and I can buy it.

Something i always like to point out. All these incredibly expensive car companies have service departments at their dealerships for a reason. They brake down just like GM, Ford, Honda, Etc. there not there just for maintenance.
                  Last edited by BLLDOGG; 06-28-2006, 07:12 PM.

Comment

The pic that Firebird45331 is the pic that Ive seen. Is taht the possible conversion kit or what.
                    01\'Y87 Firebird:Gt1 cam,Vig.3000 stall
                    AR stage 3 heads/intakes to be installed
                    www.cardomain.com/id/firehawknwv
                    www.vaperz.com
                    PEWTER MAFIA/ Kristen's "PEWTER MAFIA KING"

Comment

The last I read, GM is sticking to it's guns about not bringing back the Firebird. They are going reportedly going to kill the GTO for one year of production to get it ready for the Zeta platform it will share with the Camaro. As it is now, the GTO will not meet certain mandates for the very near future, and would require some modifications to conform.

And, since the Holden model that the GTO is based on is being retired from the Australian automaker's line-up, the cost is too high just to meet US standards. The more cost-effective alternative is to share it with the Zeta platform, which if people remember is what the GTO was going to be remodelled on before GM released any info about the Camaro. GM had released photos to the magazines showing the supposed '08 GTO more than a year ago, and then announced they would not build that car due to the nameplate getting nixed. Later, GM goes on to say that the GTO will stay alive and carry on with it's current design. Right after that, the Camaro Concept is revealed and people don't even realize they are looking at what was supposed to be a GTO. GM works in mysterious ways.
                      1996 Camaro. \"RedKnight\" on MOFBA.org.

Comment

You got that right. Killing the 'birds and camaros was the dumbest thing ever. It gave Ford the entire market for a reasonably priced sports car. What did they leave for us loyal Pontiac drivers? The G6? Gimme a f***in' break!
                        2000 3.8L Firebird, Silver Metallic<br /><br />\"Yes, London. You know, fish, chips, cup o\' tea, bad food, worse weather, Mary f***in\' Poppins, London!!\"

Comment

GM saved their ***. thats what they did. They knew sales were down, it was an anniversary year, and they were in the mists of dealing with the huge problem of their over payed factory workers and their benefits. we may like these cars but we are not going to buy one every year or two are we? no. the mustang is a more reasonable car for a teenager, its main market, because of main things including the price, and the way you sit in it. it is more like a sedan which is easier for a child. it is a big selling point for a young driver or parent to be able to see the front of the car.

Comment

I'm well aware of GM's problems with employees and benefits. I did a term paper on it in college, so needless to say I researched it heavily. But at the same time, Ford was going through the same thing. They just handled it better. GM has some awesome cars, such as the GTP and GTO, but they priced themselves out of sales on these. At the end of last year, I priced a '06 model GTP 2-door. They wanted between $32K and $33K for it! Then the salesman immediately tells me he'll sell me a 2005 GTO for $30K flat. Ford got the edge over GM by keeping their prices within reason.
                            2000 3.8L Firebird, Silver Metallic<br /><br />\"Yes, London. You know, fish, chips, cup o\' tea, bad food, worse weather, Mary f***in\' Poppins, London!!\"

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X