Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need HELP!!!

I'm trying to bring my '89 Bird alive again. Here's my problem:

The battery works and it can turn on the lights, but it doesn't turn on the ignition, the radio, or headlight motors. I checked all my fuses and they all seem fine. So what can I do? Is this a breaker or circuit problem? If so where can I find that?

Any suggestion would be deeply appreciated.

1998 Firebird . 1989 Firebird XS . 1986 Fiero GT

Re: Need HELP!!!

all the fusable links good?
    1978 Formula 461 in progress of being built :rock:
    2013 Ram 1500 Big Horn

former owner of 85 bird w/ 2.8 - 3.4 - 3800 II - 5.0
    94 comero 3.4

Comment

My ingition switch died recently. In my case, the main line shorted, killing the entire electrical system. Maybe yours died but killed a different circuit.
      1997 Camaro, Y87 Perf. Package, iRotor Drilled & Slotted Brakes, Bilstien Shocks, Custom drive shaft, K&N Filter, & Mobil 1 synthetic. 202+K miles and still drives like new.<br />-If you can\'t stomp \'em in the straights, kill \'em in the corners...

Comment

Nate, I checked all my fuses and they all seem to be OK. That's why I'm puzzled.

Rhouse how did you remedy yours?

Comment

Did you check the fusible links? The fusible links are inline with the wires that run to the starter. There should be two or three of them.

Howdy all!

Comment

Originally posted by Racevan View Post
            Did you check the fusible links? The fusible links are inline with the wires that run to the starter. There should be two or three of them.

Howdy all!
            Hey, thanks for responding and welcome to the board. So I should go under my car and check the wires that's next to the starter?

What do I do? Do I just replace these?

Comment

Well, best bet would be to check continuity with a multimeter and some t-pins. You could replace them if you like but testing them is always easier than replaceing them.

And I haven't been on these boards in a very long time. I used to own a red 87 formula with a 3.4L swap.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
              Working...
              X