speaker sizes for a 1989 camaro RS? help! - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

speaker sizes for a 1989 camaro RS? help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• speaker sizes for a 1989 camaro RS? help!

can you guys tell me the speaker sizes for a 1989 camaro rs? help! i know theres an expert out there that knows! i would also like tips on the best way to remove them. i also wanna know how to get the ones out of the dash board. and there are some in the doors correct?:rant: :rant: :rant: :rant:

Re: speaker sizes for a 1989 camaro RS? help!

4x6 in the dash, 6x9 in teh sail panels, and what ever will fit in the trunk.

dash has about, iirc, 4~5 long ones where the defrost vent in the middle is, and a bunch on the underside of the lip of the dash panel

I've not seen any factory door speakers, but I have seen some kick panel speaker forms
    1978 Formula 461 in progress of being built :rock:
    2013 Ram 1500 Big Horn

former owner of 85 bird w/ 2.8 - 3.4 - 3800 II - 5.0
    94 comero 3.4

Comment

The sail panels come out easy. Just take the little hook off and lift up on them and they come out. The dash has a few screws in the defrost vent and right underneath the lip of it. i had no problems with either. Are you going to put a sub in there too?

Comment

ive gottwotens in a box that i had in my 1994 camaro.............but to my dismay they didnt fit in my 89 rs. ****.i am a bass head too! im broke since i just got her and cant reall afford another box just yet. socorrct me if im wrong butineedtwo 4x6 and two 6x9's right? and i need toremove all the under dash screws and the dash will slide out? thanks all the help so far

Comment

That is correct. The dash also has screws in the defroster vent near the windsheild. It doesn't take too long to put new speakers in. I got a 12 in the back of my car and I could put another one in there if I wanted too. Here ya go for a sub enclosure.

It sounds good and the sub is really hidden from the outside.

Comment

Originally posted by alexhoughton
            socorrct me if im wrong butineedtwo 4x6 and two 6x9's right? and i need toremove all the under dash screws and the dash will slide out? thanks all the help so far

yes on the speakers, and for the underdash screws..... look under the lip of the dash panel and you'll see which screws need to be taken out.
            1978 Formula 461 in progress of being built :rock:
            2013 Ram 1500 Big Horn

former owner of 85 bird w/ 2.8 - 3.4 - 3800 II - 5.0
            94 comero 3.4

Comment

very nice clean custom looking setupwith your sub bro!

Comment

That will give to your subs that you seem so fond of. Its not even a box its just a shelf.

Comment

you just cut a shelf out and set in there? did you secure it down? does the sub make the body rattle? im thinking about copying your sweet design, or save up 100 big ones and buy a molded one.

Comment

It is not secured to the body at all. It is a really tight fit so it doesn't slide or anything. The body doesn't vibrate at all either. I don't know it is helps or not but the carpet on it wraps around the edge and covers some of the bottom. I don't remember how much I paid for the carpet and glue but it was pretty cheap.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X