Rear Hatch Motors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rear Hatch Motors

Question: In the 3rd Gen family, are all rear hatch motors the same or different designs?

A new problem with my '88 IROC Z-28 is that the rear hatch does not close at all now. I scrubbed the contacts clean but it didn't do the trick. I locacted a motor on Ebay but I would like some opinions or quick resolutions to pinpointing the main root of the problem. I was thinking it could be a fuse but I don't recall using fuses to fix them when they don't pull the hatch down automatically.

From experience, it could be the plastic housing that splits in two, rendering the motor and gear nut useless but eventually I will be tearing out the rear compartment to see wtf is up and post my findings soon.
    Black \'96 RS Camaro, 3.8 V6 Series II, M5, Stock 200 HP, 204K miles! Stock \'91 Firebird 3.1 V6 automatic w/ overdrive. 266,400 miles on it. \'83 Pontiac Trans Am,305 LG4, Cowl Induction,Borg Warner 5 Speed,T-Tops,Gale Banks Exhaust System:$800 obo

Re: Rear Hatch Motors

try this on for size: http://www.thirdgen.org/tech/hatchpulldown.pdf

gives some insight.
    1978 Formula 461 in progress of being built :rock:
    2013 Ram 1500 Big Horn

former owner of 85 bird w/ 2.8 - 3.4 - 3800 II - 5.0
    94 comero 3.4

Comment

Re: Rear Hatch Motors

Nice link, thanks!
      Drivetrain Moderator - "There are no stupid questions, only stupid people!"

2001 Pewter Firebird Y87, M5
      Intake, exhaust, just about every suspension part, alum flywheel & ds, Turn One p/s pump and cooler

Go Sabres!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
      Working...
      X