What should I do?? :(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What should I do?? :(

i wrecked my 87 gta over a year ago and its been sitting in my back yard all this time ive had 2 body men do a estimate on fixing it and/or pricing etc. both of them never called back is my car fixable? cuz ide hate to just junk this car cuz ive had it since i was 14...yes 14 and im 20 now started driving it at 19 which wasnt very long to enjoy it, pictures aint very good but for what u can see can a body man on this board tell me what i can or should do to it??

Re: What should I do?? :(

doesnt look to bad from here the biggest thing to worry about is frame and suspension damage

Comment

well my dad looked it over and couldnt find any frame damage suspension were not sure but nothing looks damaged other then body work...i just dont know what to do with it cuz the inner fenders are welded to the body of the car and thats why its been sitting for so long we seem to think thats if it is fixable theres probly gonna be some major welding and torching...

sad picture i know :(
      Last edited by 96greenmachine; 12-17-2006, 02:35 PM.

Comment

There there :( In my unprofessional opinion: if its low miles fix it. If its high miles then just buy another one.

Originally posted by SSMOWS6
        i mean, you can always fly wes out there and since he's a tool sometimes, fashion him into a plow for the maro
        R.I.P. '07 Pats
        Still... 18-1 > 1 and done

Comment

i had a car hit like that. it is fixable, but you have to take in consideration how much it will cost to fix it. i would have an auto body shop do it because then youd be paying more than what the car might be worth. in order to do it yourself, you would have to pull the upper rail out, cut it out, weld another one in place, than start gathering all the parts to hang (hood, fender, light bar, bumper cover). my car was hit harder, but since my uncle works at a shop, i got my car fixed fairly cheaply.

dont ship it to the junk yard, heck i would consider buying it from you.
          Check out my car on cardomain.com!!! <br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/member_pages/view_page.pl?page_id=844739\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/member_pages/view_page.pl?page_id=844739</a>

Comment

for 500$ u think somebody wouldve bought it by now since the motor is in decent shape and the rest of the car is good for parts...but ide rather fix it cuz like i said b4 i had it since i was 14 and it is my 1st car so ide rather keep it i know somebody with a 83 firebird i could probly take the parts off of it right? he'd probly sell it for 200$ or less

Comment

If you punch in '87 GTA' in Ebay Motors search browser, you'll see how sought after your parts are to people who need them the most. I believe if you do this, you will reap over a couple thousand dollars if you part out your Pontiac and look for another GTA when you have the extra funds to do so.

Your car is a gold mine to others if you decide to do this. I'm always trying to outbid newbies with a zero score to get my part I need for my '88 Iroc Z-28. If you part your GTA out, you'll discover piece by piece how each part fits and disassembles. That's valuable experience on your next GTA project.

For example, I need them rear hatchback gas struts with the electric defrost tab built in. I think you have what I need lol.

Imagine all the other GTA's out there that need your parts. People like me are paying high dollars for what you got sitting out there in the yard. From what I see, you have a TPI with a very rare intake housing, wow.
              Black \'96 RS Camaro, 3.8 V6 Series II, M5, Stock 200 HP, 204K miles! Stock \'91 Firebird 3.1 V6 automatic w/ overdrive. 266,400 miles on it. \'83 Pontiac Trans Am,305 LG4, Cowl Induction,Borg Warner 5 Speed,T-Tops,Gale Banks Exhaust System:$800 obo

Comment

Originally posted by 96RS Alex
                If you punch in '87 GTA' in Ebay Motors search browser, you'll see how sought after your parts are to people who need them the most. I believe if you do this, you will reap over a couple thousand dollars if you part out your Pontiac and look for another GTA when you have the extra funds to do so.

Your car is a gold mine to others if you decide to do this. I'm always trying to outbid newbies with a zero score to get my part I need for my '88 Iroc Z-28. If you part your GTA out, you'll discover piece by piece how each part fits and disassembles. That's valuable experience on your next GTA project.

For example, I need them rear hatchback gas struts with the electric defrost tab built in. I think you have what I need lol.

Imagine all the other GTA's out there that need your parts. People like me are paying high dollars for what you got sitting out there in the yard. From what I see, you have a TPI with a very rare intake housing, wow.
                good point well the rear hatch on my cars in decent shape other then a few holew where the original spoiler used to be and a iroc z-28 spoiler was on it as u can see in the pic. as far as parting out where could i do it other then ebay cuz i think its too much trouble to go ebay

p.s my uncle keeps tellin me then motor and tranny are his but that could be awhile

Comment

you could also grab a cheep 3rd gen bird with with a strait body and use parts from your old car to turn it into a gta

IF you do deside to part it and It has the aluminum spare I want it (I know i'm horrible :p)
                  Wolf<br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/249111/7\" target=\"_blank\">95 black t-top camaro</a>,3.4 5 speed,ud pullies,plugs/wires,de-shaft tb & gutted airbox, homemaid short throw shifter

Comment

Originally posted by wolf
                    you could also grab a cheep 3rd gen bird with with a strait body and use parts from your old car to turn it into a gta

IF you do deside to part it and It has the aluminum spare I want it (I know i'm horrible :p)
                    ur kidding right? lol yeah i have it and it has the original tire on it...but its not in good shape as far as the tire goes but the wheel is fine how much would u give for it?

Comment

Originally posted by 96greenmachine
                      ur kidding right? lol yeah i have it and it has the original tire on it...but its not in good shape as far as the tire goes but the wheel is fine how much would u give for it?
                      anything $30 or under is fine, ta creations wants $30 and I'd rather give money to a person than a place
                      http://www.tacreationsusa.com/spare_tires.htm
                      Wolf<br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/249111/7\" target=\"_blank\">95 black t-top camaro</a>,3.4 5 speed,ud pullies,plugs/wires,de-shaft tb & gutted airbox, homemaid short throw shifter

Comment

Originally posted by wolf
                        anything $30 or under is fine, ta creations wants $30 and I'd rather give money to a person than a place
                        http://www.tacreationsusa.com/spare_tires.htm
                        well i need the money BADLY would u give me 30$ for it?

Comment

Dude, restore that thing. That's one bad *** car.

Comment

Originally posted by Tech
                            Dude, restore that thing. That's one bad *** car.
                            i want to for sure but theres alot of work that needs to be done to it for one it needs the damage fixed and then i gotta fix the maf sensor cuz it got ripped out, motor needs an overhaul/rebuild cuz its got 170,000 miles on it and the windshield needs to be replaced...

Comment

Originally posted by 96greenmachine
                              well i need the money BADLY would u give me 30$ for it?
                              would you want 30+ shipping or 30 shipped?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X