rear top brake light and turn signals - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

rear top brake light and turn signals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rear top brake light and turn signals

1986 2.8 camaro as far as the turn signals go hazards workd, replaced flasher, still nada thinking maybe its electrical with the top brake light i really got no idea check lights and fuses thinking maybe the wiring? any knowledge of this or advice
    Last edited by skater2004d; 08-24-2006, 08:10 PM.

Re: rear top brake light and turn signals

might have a loose ground somewhere. get a dvm & verify that those sockets are actually getting voltage
    1978 Formula 461 in progress of being built :rock:
    2013 Ram 1500 Big Horn

former owner of 85 bird w/ 2.8 - 3.4 - 3800 II - 5.0
    94 comero 3.4

Comment

ill check that out in the morning

Comment

If you think the problem could be in the 3rd brake light, just unplug it and check your lights.
        Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment.

Comment

turn signals where work on and off but not anymore i have no clue how long that back brake lights been out i check cops stop me and told me about it as far as anythign else goes the turn signals were working until i slid out on a ramp on free way due to slick roads and thats havnt work since they did that before and then startd workin again i seriously cant figure it out sometime i just wanna take a bat to it

Comment

check your signal breaker to see if it's still good. $5 iirc

also, are you getting any voltage to any of the lights in question now?
            2013 Ram 1500 Big Horn

94 comero 3.4

Comment

break it down barney style turn singal wont work at all but the haz. lights do so that rules out bulp.... check the fuses and flashes they are good my turn signals workd then they didnt then they did and now havnt workd in a long while im suspecting wiring maybe a short or something..... as for the rear brake light... my 2 brake lights in the back wont but the 1 on top wont work didnt even notice until i was pulld over by the cops and they pointed it out ive tried changing the bulps any more then that i got no freakn clue wowzers

Comment

turn signals & hazzards have diff relay, try switching the two. Holy book haynes doesn't have the wiring schematics for the rear lighting (wtf?) and my service manual is for 85 only, so no help there. Worst case scenario, run pos from brake light to teh 3rd one, & ground the other end to chassis. But, since your there, use a dvm to check wiring continuity. I wish I could help you more....
                2013 Ram 1500 Big Horn

94 comero 3.4

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                Working...
                X