Power antenna mod in a 3rd gen?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Power antenna mod in a 3rd gen?

Just wondering if anyone's changed out the regular antenna in a 3rd gen to a power antenna. GF has a '92 RS and I've been thinking about it..
    Drivetrain Moderator - "There are no stupid questions, only stupid people!"

2001 Pewter Firebird Y87, M5
    Intake, exhaust, just about every suspension part, alum flywheel & ds, Turn One p/s pump and cooler

Go Sabres!

Re: Power antenna mod in a 3rd gen?

Hi,

Yep, I replaced the original power antenna wich was broken with a new one.
    It isn't the easiest job to do, having tiny hands is an advantage ;)
    Because you won't find a lot of space in the frontal fenderskirt of a 3rd Gen.
    You have to remove the inner fenderskirt panel ( black plastic cover plate )
    and also dismount the inner right kickpanel, because the electrical wiring is passing by at this place.

I replaced the antenna with a BOSCH power antenna. I've paid € 100,- for this one, that should be approx $ 125,- but I think you can buy it for less in the States. The modification which has to be done is not so difficult, there has to be made an extra mounting fixation plate.

If your car was equipped with a fixed rod antenna, you can also make this change for easy. Electrical pre-installation has been made in the factory, you have only to connect it to the plug behind the kickpanel...

Grtz,

Xavier :)
    Last edited by Esprit80; 08-15-2006, 04:56 PM.

Comment

Re: Power antenna mod in a 3rd gen?

Cool, thanks for the info. I'll put on the future mod list for the gf's car.
      Drivetrain Moderator - "There are no stupid questions, only stupid people!"

2001 Pewter Firebird Y87, M5
      Intake, exhaust, just about every suspension part, alum flywheel & ds, Turn One p/s pump and cooler

Go Sabres!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
      Working...
      X