underdrive pulley

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• underdrive pulley

how much more power do you get with underdrive pulleys?

Re: underdrive pulley

I think I heard it frees up about 5-10 HP.

1998 White Camaro 3800, A4, MagnaFlow Cat-Back, Zexel & 3.42's, Jet Chip Stage 2, Whisper Lid, and Ram Air.

Comment

is that 5-10 at the motor or the wheels

Comment

Not sure, I think its just 5-10 HP, no RWHP. It won't be a huge gain, but it help s with other upgrades.

1998 White Camaro 3800, A4, MagnaFlow Cat-Back, Zexel & 3.42's, Jet Chip Stage 2, Whisper Lid, and Ram Air.

Comment

do I have to buy a different size belt or can I use my old one.

Comment

They don't shrink a ton you should be able to get away with your factory sized belt, but if it wont fit, its only a few bucks, and a quick messurement to get one that will. Just remember your battery doesn't charge unless you are above 1500rpm or something like that.
            1995 Camaro 3.4 A4<br /><br />CAI,IAT Relocate

Comment

The factory belt will NOT work. You will need a smaller one. Sorry, I dont remember which size but I know the factory one will not work.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• LETZRIDE
                New Owner!
                by LETZRIDE
                I am happy to announce that I have sold the site to Robert (FirebirdGT). Years ago this site went down when TealV6 had it, I bought it, refreshed it,...
                3 days ago
              • ssms5411
                Little work today
                by ssms5411
                Went ahead and moved my starter wire from the back, to the front again since it had no effect on my drain on the battery. Also made me nervous driving...
                2 weeks ago
              • LETZRIDE
                Tom Henry RS Pt 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff
                by LETZRIDE

Building the Tom Henry RS
                Part 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff.
                By: Hib Halverson

At the end of Part Three, we changed the valvetrain of the 3.8-liter V6 in the Tom Henry RS. We installed new, Yella Terra "Ultralite" 1.8:1, aluminum roller rocker arms, Katech valve springs and Katech titanium retainers on our 3800 Series II V6.
                Ultralites are nearly 25% lighter than the stock 1.6 rockers and 8% lighter than the SLP aluminum...
                02-07-2020, 10:30 PM

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
              Working...
              X