91 Camaro RS w/ Rear disc

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 91 Camaro RS w/ Rear disc

I just bought a 91 Camaro RS and found that it has rear disc brakes. I was very impressed as my other 91 Camaro has rear drum.

Upon inspection, I saw that the rotors are completely torn up from ware and tare and will need to be replaced.

I've been looking around at various sites trying to find replacement rear rotors, but I can only seem to find the front ones? Does anyone know where I can find these?
    <b>Vehicle Information</b></font><ul type=\"square\"><li><font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif\"><b>Car:</b> 1991 Chevy Camaro RS</font></li><li><font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif\"><b>Engine:</b> 3.1L V6 MPFI</font></li><li><font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif\"><b>Mods:</b> Flowmaster , K&N CAI, Optima Battery, 180amp Alt</font></li><li><font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif\"><b>System:</b> Alpine HU | Planet Audio Mids & Highs | 3 Cerwin Vega V-Max 12DVC Subs | Boss 3KD.1 & Crossfire 400.4 Amps</font></li></ul><font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif\">

Autozone:

1991 CHEVROLET CAMARO RS
    DURALAST
    ROTOR ONLY 55022 2 YR $89.99

Advance Auto:

Bendix Brake Rotor
    Rear Part No.
    Warranty: 1 Year Replacement Warranty

Ships in 1 day
    $72.96
    1978 Formula 461 in progress of being built :rock:
    2013 Ram 1500 Big Horn

former owner of 85 bird w/ 2.8 - 3.4 - 3800 II - 5.0
    94 comero 3.4

Comment

I have a dilemma... I found the brake rotors at a local vendor, but when I got them home I noticed that they are very different from the ones currently installed on the axle. This has led me to believe that this rearend was not orginally from this vehicle.

Is there a way to identify the vehicle that these rotors / calipers / pads belong so that I can find the correct replacements? [img]graemlins/stickpoke.gif[/img]

Thanks!
      <b>Vehicle Information</b></font><ul type=\"square\"><li><font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif\"><b>Car:</b> 1991 Chevy Camaro RS</font></li><li><font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif\"><b>Engine:</b> 3.1L V6 MPFI</font></li><li><font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif\"><b>Mods:</b> Flowmaster , K&N CAI, Optima Battery, 180amp Alt</font></li><li><font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif\"><b>System:</b> Alpine HU | Planet Audio Mids & Highs | 3 Cerwin Vega V-Max 12DVC Subs | Boss 3KD.1 & Crossfire 400.4 Amps</font></li></ul><font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif\">

Comment

I did the search on a V6 RS rear w/discs. I don't see how the v8's would be different, but I have been known to be wrong. Any way to bring in the old rotors & compare at the parts store?
        2013 Ram 1500 Big Horn

94 comero 3.4

Comment

I suppose I could take them into the store and do a process of elimination, I was just hoping for an easier way (i.e. a number somewhere on the parts to identify them, etc).

Comment

if the old rotors aren't too rusted over, ther should be some part numbers on the inside hub. Maybe a GM dealer might be able to tell you, but then they'll bytch & whine saying that since the car is more than 10yrs old we won't have any info on it :rolleyes:
            2013 Ram 1500 Big Horn

94 comero 3.4

Comment

another question - The wheel spindle (I guess you would call it), the section with the lug threads attach to the axle, can that be replaced? The bolts are slightly bent and distorted.

Comment

are the lugs bent or the whole axle shaft?

if teh part that the lugs attach to is bent/warped, then you'll need a new axle. that involves opening up the pumpkin.
                2013 Ram 1500 Big Horn

94 comero 3.4

Comment

No the axle is ok, its just the lugs - not to mention the rotor is stuck to the lugs on one side.

Comment

cut toof the lugs, drill the center out of what's left. make sure you use the hardend drills specifically for drilling metal. It's like cutting thru butter
                    2013 Ram 1500 Big Horn

94 comero 3.4

Comment

Stupid question, but after that, how do I go about getting replacements?

Comment

parts store, tell them what you need. Also make sure you know if you have alloy wheels or not. best to take a couple of lug nuts with to make sure you get the right lugs (really only one style lug) but still.....
                        2013 Ram 1500 Big Horn

94 comero 3.4

Comment

Ok, I got the rotors and calipers off the car, cleaned them up and found some numbers on the inside:

C2S2
                          Min Thick 24.30
                          W-6

Is this enough information to find a replacement? Is there possibly a site online that can tell me what they are?

Comment

The Caliper has the following numbers:

Not sure what any of them mean.

Comment

rotor numbers should be good. I looked at a couple places on the number, at didn't get anything back, even from gmpartsdirect.com
                              2013 Ram 1500 Big Horn

94 comero 3.4

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X