3.4 slow to go i need your help!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3.4 slow to go i need your help!!

i can get my hands on a L67 supercharged 3800 V6 -its out of a '97 buick riveria, i want to swap my engine in my 1984 Chevy Camaro that has a 2.8 liter stock v6 with a 5 speed tranny, i would like to know if this is possible. i am assuming that i will have to use a automatic transmission instead of my 5 speed but i am not sure can you give me your input. i would also like to know how much do you think this engine is worth any price range educated quess would be helpful. I just dont want to get screwed over because if i do buy this engine i can not return it.

and in advance thank you so much for helping me you guys are awsome and very helpful/inteligent

yes, it cain fit. with work. the firewall will need to be cut. a way around this would be to sell the eaton, put an l36 intake (angled or straight, it should clear w/the maro hood) and go turbo. The 3800 will clean up the engine bay something bling, and still provide plenty of room between teh radiator & pullies. I've heard from Mogobs that some wires might need to be legnthened when using the GP harness, but that shouldn't be a prob. I still have my motor mount brackets, but when tgo comes up I'll send you a pic on what quality ones look like. I don't recall my 99 GPGT needing any the passkey/vats crap, but digital horese power programmer will take care of that anyway. Also look into getting the dash from a VSS yr car, as the speedo/pcm runs off of that instead of the mechanical deal.

AS far as the 5speed goes, see about snagging one from a 4th gen because a) it's newer so b) it'll handle the power increase. Sell what you have to recoupe costs ;)
    or just take it easy on clutch dumps. defintely get teh 4th gen flywheel & upgraded pressure plate/clutch disc.

That's about all I cain think of right now, it's time for dinner & then bed.

cheap plug: http://www.camarov6.com/ubb/ultimate...=006237#000000

as far as the pricing....... look towards clubgp.com classifieds.

of course I mention this last: Verify it's a Series II engine, not jsut a S/C Series I. BIG DIFFERENCE

[ March 07, 2006, 04:02 AM: Message edited by: 3.4 slow to go ]
    1978 Formula 461 in progress of being built :rock:
    2013 Ram 1500 Big Horn

former owner of 85 bird w/ 2.8 - 3.4 - 3800 II - 5.0
    94 comero 3.4

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
    Working...
    X