92 Camaro RS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 92 Camaro RS

My buddy got a 92 Camaro RS, and we were talking about me buying it. He said that it have a 2.8L, but I was doing some research, and the only thing I came up for it was a 3.1. Can anyone set the record straight?

It came with a 3.1, he may have got confused the 2.8 and 3.1 are very simular. It is possible that some put a 2.8 in it, though highly unlikely, maybe it's all they could get for a replacement.
    91 Firebird 3.1<br />SC12 Supercharger<br />LSD w/ 3.73s<br />NOS 80hp wet shot<br />AKA: Phoenix<br />\"If Speed Kills...Consider Me Dead.\"

Comment

from the way it felt last night when I drove it, it wasnt no 2.8.

Comment

Post a decent pic of the motor. Maybe a VIN number as well can give us a clue.
        Black \'96 RS Camaro, 3.8 V6 Series II, M5, Stock 200 HP, 204K miles! Stock \'91 Firebird 3.1 V6 automatic w/ overdrive. 266,400 miles on it. \'83 Pontiac Trans Am,305 LG4, Cowl Induction,Borg Warner 5 Speed,T-Tops,Gale Banks Exhaust System:$800 obo

Comment

I'll do what I can. Cars down in Houston, usually every time I go down there is 3 or 4 in the morning.

Comment

use the flash ;) [img]tongue.gif[/img]
            1978 Formula 461 in progress of being built :rock:
            2013 Ram 1500 Big Horn

former owner of 85 bird w/ 2.8 - 3.4 - 3800 II - 5.0
            94 comero 3.4

Comment

Re: 92 Camaro RS

could be a 305 V8. 92 was the last year RS actually got a V8. My parents have a 92RS with 72,XXX on it and it has the V8
              Mike<br /><a href=\"http://www.my99firebird.gq.nu\" target=\"_blank\">www.my99firebird.gq.nu</a>

Comment

'92 RS came with the 3.1 V6 or the 5.0 V8 as the 2 engine choices. Should be easy to tell them apart ;)
                Drivetrain Moderator - "There are no stupid questions, only stupid people!"

2001 Pewter Firebird Y87, M5
                Intake, exhaust, just about every suspension part, alum flywheel & ds, Turn One p/s pump and cooler

Go Sabres!

Comment

holy old threads, batman :eek:
                  2013 Ram 1500 Big Horn

94 comero 3.4

Comment

I think 2.8 motors have 2.8 wrote on the intake manifold ,and 3.1 motors don't.

Comment

Originally posted by xcel92
                      I think 2.8 motors have 2.8 wrote on the intake manifold ,and 3.1 motors don't.

correct

the 2.8 upper manifolds have the circle thing w/2.8 in them, 3.1s don't have any displacement thingy
                      2013 Ram 1500 Big Horn

94 comero 3.4

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• LETZRIDE
                        New Owner!
                        by LETZRIDE
                        I am happy to announce that I have sold the site to Robert (FirebirdGT). Years ago this site went down when TealV6 had it, I bought it, refreshed it,...
                        3 days ago
                      • ssms5411
                        Little work today
                        by ssms5411
                        Went ahead and moved my starter wire from the back, to the front again since it had no effect on my drain on the battery. Also made me nervous driving...
                        2 weeks ago
                      • LETZRIDE
                        Tom Henry RS Pt 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff
                        by LETZRIDE

Building the Tom Henry RS
                        Part 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff.
                        By: Hib Halverson

At the end of Part Three, we changed the valvetrain of the 3.8-liter V6 in the Tom Henry RS. We installed new, Yella Terra "Ultralite" 1.8:1, aluminum roller rocker arms, Katech valve springs and Katech titanium retainers on our 3800 Series II V6.
                        Ultralites are nearly 25% lighter than the stock 1.6 rockers and 8% lighter than the SLP aluminum...
                        02-07-2020, 10:30 PM

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X