Gears - Quick Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gears - Quick Question

I recently purchased another 91 Camaro RS 3.1L V6 with the 5sp manual tranny. Upon purchasing I was informed that the rearend gears had been stripped out and needed replacement.

I went to Thunderracing.com and to Summitracing.com, and they offer a variety of new gears, however I am unsure as to which size or type I need to buy. I checked the rearend casing for an information sticker, etc but found nothing.

I did some searching around, and so far I have come up with 3.42 gears - 10-bolt. Is this correct? Is there anything else I should know? Can I / should I replace them with larger ratio gears (i.e. 3.73)?

Please let me know.
    <b>Vehicle Information</b></font><ul type=\"square\"><li><font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif\"><b>Car:</b> 1991 Chevy Camaro RS</font></li><li><font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif\"><b>Engine:</b> 3.1L V6 MPFI</font></li><li><font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif\"><b>Mods:</b> Flowmaster , K&N CAI, Optima Battery, 180amp Alt</font></li><li><font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif\"><b>System:</b> Alpine HU | Planet Audio Mids & Highs | 3 Cerwin Vega V-Max 12DVC Subs | Boss 3KD.1 & Crossfire 400.4 Amps</font></li></ul><font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif\">

http://www.camarov6.com/ubb/ultimate...;f=13;t=000626

that should help you. you can change to 3.73s if you want to. if you have 3.42s you should have a 3 series carrier so buy 3 series gears.

current car- 95 Trans am- bolt ons, parked and collecting dust. why? because **** it

Follow me!
    http://www.twitch.tv/optimusprymrib
    Or this

Comment

Well, I bought the stuff based on what I read in that link you provided me.

RMG-4900461 RING & PINION SET
      RMG-831016M RING & PINION MEGA INSTALL KIT
      <b>Vehicle Information</b></font><ul type=\"square\"><li><font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif\"><b>Car:</b> 1991 Chevy Camaro RS</font></li><li><font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif\"><b>Engine:</b> 3.1L V6 MPFI</font></li><li><font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif\"><b>Mods:</b> Flowmaster , K&N CAI, Optima Battery, 180amp Alt</font></li><li><font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif\"><b>System:</b> Alpine HU | Planet Audio Mids & Highs | 3 Cerwin Vega V-Max 12DVC Subs | Boss 3KD.1 & Crossfire 400.4 Amps</font></li></ul><font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif\">

Comment

Yeah, those are the ones.
        91 Firebird 3.1<br />SC12 Supercharger<br />LSD w/ 3.73s<br />NOS 80hp wet shot<br />AKA: Phoenix<br />\"If Speed Kills...Consider Me Dead.\"

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
        Working...
        X