3.1 fiebird, needs help.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3.1 fiebird, needs help.

I just got a 92 firebird this summer, it has a 3.1v6 and an auto, what can I do to it performance wise? and it has a smog pump on it, can I take this off? any help would be appreciated, Thanks Josh.

greets!!!! I have a good sticky posted on how to get a great base on which to work with. Pace Setter makes smog leagl headers for fulie 2.8s, and if nazi C.A.R.B. numbers aren't needed, then they will fit the 3.1 (the egr for the 2.8 & 3.1 are different). Suspension wise, just about anything a v8 car uses, our cars can. SHift kits, gears, aluminum driveshafts, break upgrades, etc etc etc
    1978 Formula 461 in progress of being built :rock:
    2013 Ram 1500 Big Horn

former owner of 85 bird w/ 2.8 - 3.4 - 3800 II - 5.0
    94 comero 3.4

Comment

You can remove your smog pump, the computer might recognize that it is unplug though and you won't see any real gains. Headers don't do much except make the exhaust sound nice. For any real gains have your car go on a diet, these car weigh a hell of a lot for a V6 to push. If you can get the weight down you'll see more gains from doing smaller stuff otherwise you just need to go with power adders like N2O or supercharging. If like road racing or autocrossing a huge help will be a limited slip rear end, it makes all the difference in the world.
      91 Firebird 3.1<br />SC12 Supercharger<br />LSD w/ 3.73s<br />NOS 80hp wet shot<br />AKA: Phoenix<br />\"If Speed Kills...Consider Me Dead.\"

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
      Working...
      X