No announcement yet.

No Heat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

disconnect that vacuum line ( may be going to the hvac controls inside) and attach your own vacuum line. get the car up to operating temps & then apply some suck power to it (might want to use a vacuum gun from the one man brake bleeder) and see if the heated water then flows.
    1978 Formula 461 in progress of being built :rock:
    2013 Ram 1500 Big Horn

former owner of 85 bird w/ 2.8 - 3.4 - 3800 II - 5.0
    94 comero 3.4

Comment

So if a vacuum gun allows hot coolant to flow through the heater core, the problem is within the hvac control unit I take it? I guess I have to rip away the stereo console plate, cassette deck and look for that particular vacuum line connected to the unit. I hope its something obviously stupid I can fix but I never seen this problem occur before.

My Haynes book doesnt mention this particular line. I hope I can resolve this before the next cold snap.

I am picking Friday the 13th to tackle this overdue problem. The forecast calls for a balmy 54 degrees.
      Black \'96 RS Camaro, 3.8 V6 Series II, M5, Stock 200 HP, 204K miles! Stock \'91 Firebird 3.1 V6 automatic w/ overdrive. 266,400 miles on it. \'83 Pontiac Trans Am,305 LG4, Cowl Induction,Borg Warner 5 Speed,T-Tops,Gale Banks Exhaust System:$800 obo

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
      Working...
      X