Engine Idle Issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Engine Idle Issue

I posted a question about a month ago regarding how to increase my car's default idle speed, which my question was answered pointing me to a screw.

I turned the screw with the engine idling and set it to where I needed it. The next day I went out to the car to start it up and the idle had droped back down to default again.... The computer is obviously resetting it somehow.

Anyway to bypass this? I need the idle to stay at 900rpm (instead of the default 600)

Please let me know.
    <b>Vehicle Information</b></font><ul type=\"square\"><li><font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif\"><b>Car:</b> 1991 Chevy Camaro RS</font></li><li><font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif\"><b>Engine:</b> 3.1L V6 MPFI</font></li><li><font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif\"><b>Mods:</b> Flowmaster , K&N CAI, Optima Battery, 180amp Alt</font></li><li><font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif\"><b>System:</b> Alpine HU | Planet Audio Mids & Highs | 3 Cerwin Vega V-Max 12DVC Subs | Boss 3KD.1 & Crossfire 400.4 Amps</font></li></ul><font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif\">

yo might be able to time it higher w/estc disconected, but then the computer might retard it back.
    1978 Formula 461 in progress of being built :rock:
    2013 Ram 1500 Big Horn

former owner of 85 bird w/ 2.8 - 3.4 - 3800 II - 5.0
    94 comero 3.4

Comment

The computer will always try to keep the idle where it wants. You can try to bypass some things but usally it will performance of something else. Why do you need to bump your idle up?
      91 Firebird 3.1<br />SC12 Supercharger<br />LSD w/ 3.73s<br />NOS 80hp wet shot<br />AKA: Phoenix<br />\"If Speed Kills...Consider Me Dead.\"

Comment

he wants it to be higher for his high output alt he got.

The tb adjsutment screw should've worked,, as it's like having your foot on the go pedal just slightly
        1978 Formula 461 in progress of being built :rock:
        2013 Ram 1500 Big Horn

former owner of 85 bird w/ 2.8 - 3.4 - 3800 II - 5.0
        94 comero 3.4

Comment

The idle screw does work for a time and then it resets itself.

Someone told me today that if I set the idle to where I need it and disconnect the battery for a few minutes it should hold the setting. I am going to try this tomorrow and see what happens.
          <b>Vehicle Information</b></font><ul type=\"square\"><li><font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif\"><b>Car:</b> 1991 Chevy Camaro RS</font></li><li><font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif\"><b>Engine:</b> 3.1L V6 MPFI</font></li><li><font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif\"><b>Mods:</b> Flowmaster , K&N CAI, Optima Battery, 180amp Alt</font></li><li><font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif\"><b>System:</b> Alpine HU | Planet Audio Mids & Highs | 3 Cerwin Vega V-Max 12DVC Subs | Boss 3KD.1 & Crossfire 400.4 Amps</font></li></ul><font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif\">

Comment

Originally posted by 3.4 slow to go:
            he wants it to be higher for his high output alt he got.

The tb adjsutment screw should've worked,, as it's like having your foot on the go pedal just slightly
            No, the screw won't work. You will need tunercat software to reprogram the idle speed in the ecm. There is no other way around it.

Comment

Ok, I went to their site to find what I need but I need a little help. Do I need a cable that connects the vehicle to my laptop? If so, where can find one of those?

Please let me know.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
              Working...
              X