Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Backfiring and Stalling

Good Morning,

I have an issue with my 87 RS V-6. Once in a while and all of a sudden my RS will backfire through the exhaust and stall. It will start right back up and drive but will sputter and stall and backfire again. If it sits for a while, the car will run perfectly normal again. About a week later it happened again. Then back to normal.

I ran codes and recieved an EGR fault. Went and had a full tune up yesterday, new EGR installed. After running around town a little bit the symtoms returned. This time, I let the car cool down about 1 hour and drove it around town again, no problems.

Help
    Tim

Auto or stick?
    91 Firebird 3.1<br />SC12 Supercharger<br />LSD w/ 3.73s<br />NOS 80hp wet shot<br />AKA: Phoenix<br />\"If Speed Kills...Consider Me Dead.\"

Comment

Auto

Comment

I had a similar problem when my MAF went out. Anyways for you to test it out?
        -Eric<br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/mustangeater82\" target=\"_blank\">2000 NBM V6 Camaro 5-speed</a> T-top <i>converted</i><br /><b>14.467@95.45mph</b> <i>$0 in mods</i><br /><i>The member formerly known as MustangEater8251</i>

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
        Working...
        X