sc12 supercharger?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sc12 supercharger?

what type of supercharger is the sc12? what car could i pull one off of?
    Josh<br /><br />92camaro 25th anniversary<br />Exhaust,audio,soon to come supercharger,cam,headers

It's a toyota root style blower, though it's not very big. It doesn't have to be bolted onto the manifold, it's made to have ducted sort of like the centrifugal sc. It has a clutch like ac compressors so it can be turned on and off. They are found on late 80s MR2s and others that I can't remember. I got mine off Ebay for $250. The psi is only 5 at 5000 but with a smaller pulley it can be more. The also make a sc14 which is bigger. The sc12 flows 1200cfm the 14 flows 1400. No mods are needed other than a blow off valve or bypass valve and the fact you have to build a mount for it, which really wasn't that difficult at all. Though it isn't a huge gain with only 5psi you will like it, it's like having a shot of nitrous (since you can turn it off and on) but no bottle to fill.

Comment

possible in a 4th gen?
      Mystic Teal Metallic
      ET:15.1 NA 14.3@96 MPH 75 Dry Shot

Comment

It's possible, the only issue is finding room. It can be mounted to run the same as any other accessory or mounted backwards and use the back side of the belt. Because it only is putting out 5psi it doesn't require that much rap around the pulley though you will have to make a pulley without grooves or machine down the one it comes with. I'll try and get some pictures but it will probably take a few days.

Comment

Is this the one that they use on the TRD Tacoma?

1998 Firebird . 1989 Firebird XS . 1986 Fiero GT

Comment

No that is one that has to bolt on top of the engine. The sc12 is fairly short and doesn't have a long snout.

Comment

http://www.rodshop.com.au/superchargerholdv6.htm
              1978 Formula 461 in progress of being built :rock:
              2013 Ram 1500 Big Horn

former owner of 85 bird w/ 2.8 - 3.4 - 3800 II - 5.0
              94 comero 3.4

Comment

what do I need to get it to work on my car? I was thinking if the M90 but this is a better idea [img]smile.gif[/img]
                Mystic Teal Metallic

Comment

This site has quite a bit of info on these superchargers.

http://www.mr2supercharger.com/SCblowers.html

No mods need to be done to your engine though you'll need a BOV, the only thing you'll run into is mounting because you'll have to create that yourself. The Holden V6 kit could work but you obviously would need to route the intake around to the front of the engine and it cost $2000. Everything on mine cost under $500 with the supercharger.

Comment

what do i need pulley wise?
                    Mystic Teal Metallic

Comment

what did you use to mount yours? how much psi does the sc14 put out. will i have to replace anything?
                      Josh<br /><br />92camaro 25th anniversary<br />Exhaust,audio,soon to come supercharger,cam,headers

Comment

how much power do you think you got out of it?

Comment

will it work with a new cam?

Comment

I forgot that the stock pulley it normally comes with is a 5 rib not a 6 rib. If you mount it to run with the rib side of the belt that could be an issue. If you used a 5 rib belt it may walk on your other pulleys, probably wouldn't be that much of a problem. The other way is to have it run off the back side of the belt like I did. I have access to a lathe so I was able to make one that was smooth and I'm sure that a local machine shop wouldn't have any problem making one, it's very simple. If you want to run higher psi levels you can have a smaller one made but you'll have to take off the clutch components to do it.

Mounting was fairly easy, since mine is mounted backwards I made some simple brackets that attach to the frame. The engine rocks into it so there is no issue of slippage and the tensioner takes care of the rest. The brackets were cut out of flat 3/16 steel.

The sc14 would probably give you another 2psi but then you might start to need a few extra things like a FMU or timing retard. With the stock pulley size on the sc12 I didn't have to change anything the engine takes the 5psi just fine without changes to fuel or spark.

Power according to the Gtech Pro was a gain of 20hp and 17lbs of torque, not a big gain by any means but proportionate to the power these engines put out compared to a blower on a bigger engine, but remember this is a max of 5psi. I'm really wanting to try a smaller pulley for racing. The other thing is you guys might get better numbers if your car is lighter mine weighs in just shy of 3600lbs. Either way you WILL feel a difference, especially when passing.

It should work fine with a new cam unless it's something completely radical. I've got a crane cam in mine (which didn't do a damn thing!).

Comment

might want to look into an MSD 6BTM for higher psi issues. A 2 fer 1.
                              1978 Formula 461 in progress of being built :rock:
                              2013 Ram 1500 Big Horn

former owner of 85 bird w/ 2.8 - 3.4 - 3800 II - 5.0
                              94 comero 3.4

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• LETZRIDE
                                New Owner!
                                by LETZRIDE
                                I am happy to announce that I have sold the site to Robert (FirebirdGT). Years ago this site went down when TealV6 had it, I bought it, refreshed it,...
                                2 days ago
                              • ssms5411
                                Little work today
                                by ssms5411
                                Went ahead and moved my starter wire from the back, to the front again since it had no effect on my drain on the battery. Also made me nervous driving...
                                2 weeks ago
                              • LETZRIDE
                                Tom Henry RS Pt 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff
                                by LETZRIDE

Building the Tom Henry RS
                                Part 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff.
                                By: Hib Halverson

At the end of Part Three, we changed the valvetrain of the 3.8-liter V6 in the Tom Henry RS. We installed new, Yella Terra "Ultralite" 1.8:1, aluminum roller rocker arms, Katech valve springs and Katech titanium retainers on our 3800 Series II V6.
                                Ultralites are nearly 25% lighter than the stock 1.6 rockers and 8% lighter than the SLP aluminum...
                                02-07-2020, 10:30 PM

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X