Code 23 MAT Sensor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Code 23 MAT Sensor

I need a little help again due to an unexpected slight rough idle I experienced today from my '91 Firebird 3.1 V6.
    The orange SES light pops on whenever it's idling at long red lights and stays on until I shut it off. I went to Autozone for a waterpump today and asked for a free diagnostic scan and they extracted a Code 23. I was given a thorough print out sheet to help me troubleshoot the problem and I left too soon to ask what the MAT sensor would look like from their inventory and it's many miles away, I goofed.
    I would like to replace this sensor before I tear it down for the waterpump so no codes can be throwing me off. Where is this sensor located?
    I provided a link to see what Code 23 means. > http://www.4chevy.com/troubleshooting.htm
    Black \'96 RS Camaro, 3.8 V6 Series II, M5, Stock 200 HP, 204K miles! Stock \'91 Firebird 3.1 V6 automatic w/ overdrive. 266,400 miles on it. \'83 Pontiac Trans Am,305 LG4, Cowl Induction,Borg Warner 5 Speed,T-Tops,Gale Banks Exhaust System:$800 obo

It screws into the air box, another name for it is the Intake Air Temperature sensor (IAT).

Comment

Thanks, I found the sensor there after looking around the manifold area. Turned out to be corrosion in the contacts. Cleaned and no more codes.
      Sensor is $25.99 at Autozone, it's small but didnt have to purchase one.
      Black \'96 RS Camaro, 3.8 V6 Series II, M5, Stock 200 HP, 204K miles! Stock \'91 Firebird 3.1 V6 automatic w/ overdrive. 266,400 miles on it. \'83 Pontiac Trans Am,305 LG4, Cowl Induction,Borg Warner 5 Speed,T-Tops,Gale Banks Exhaust System:$800 obo

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• LETZRIDE
        New Owner!
        by LETZRIDE
        I am happy to announce that I have sold the site to Robert (FirebirdGT). Years ago this site went down when TealV6 had it, I bought it, refreshed it,...
        2 days ago
      • ssms5411
        Little work today
        by ssms5411
        Went ahead and moved my starter wire from the back, to the front again since it had no effect on my drain on the battery. Also made me nervous driving...
        2 weeks ago
      • LETZRIDE
        Tom Henry RS Pt 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff
        by LETZRIDE

Building the Tom Henry RS
        Part 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff.
        By: Hib Halverson

At the end of Part Three, we changed the valvetrain of the 3.8-liter V6 in the Tom Henry RS. We installed new, Yella Terra "Ultralite" 1.8:1, aluminum roller rocker arms, Katech valve springs and Katech titanium retainers on our 3800 Series II V6.
        Ultralites are nearly 25% lighter than the stock 1.6 rockers and 8% lighter than the SLP aluminum...
        02-07-2020, 10:30 PM

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
      Working...
      X