Any turbo or supercharger for a 2.8 ? - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any turbo or supercharger for a 2.8 ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any turbo or supercharger for a 2.8 ?

Hey, does anybody know of any kind of turbo or supercharger for a 2.8? Or of anybody that has some kind of info. Any info. will help.

Nope, they don't exist...YET. There is currenly a team working on producing one for all thirdgen V6 F-bodys. A company called Fageol used to make a blower for the carbed 2.8, I'm not sure if they still do, if you want to go carbed, that's how.
    MODS:<br />3.4,Crower cam, K-motion valvesprings, Heddman Longtubes, BBK AFPR, Accel Coil, 36mm/23mm Sways, Boxed LCAs/Panhard bar, Mutant Nitrous wet kit, Mr. Gasket Cutout, 10.02 1/8 mile at 67.2 mph UNTUNNED no spray

Comment

There are poweradders for the 2.8 but I wouldn't recommend it unless you have a strong crank and pistons installed. Also I'm not sure if the block would handle it
      2003 Nissan 350Z Touring Coupe, Daytona Blue, Frost leather interior, navigation, 18 inch wheels, M6, fully loaded, intake, crank pulley.<br /><br />Previous cars:<br />1991 Mustang (347)<br />2002 RS Camaro<br />1985 IROC-Z (305)<br />1994 Camaro convertible V6

Comment

Originally posted by Red94Camaro:
        There are poweradders for the 2.8 but I wouldn't recommend it unless you have a strong crank and pistons installed. Also I'm not sure if the block would handle it
        I would not bee too worried about the block, its stronger then the 3.4L block, and tiago has proven soem strength with that.

As for the pistons... They are not that great Cast aluminum.

Shattered piston *RIP original MustangEater*

Hmm... thats not suppose to be their...
        http://www.mustangeater825.50megs.co...s/P4010018.JPG

SO thats why I had no compression in that cylinder...
        http://www.mustangeater825.50megs.co...s/P4010020.JPG

And a sign that you motor is not doing too good when you find this in your oil pan...

http://www.mustangeater825.50megs.co...s/P4020026.JPG

Comment

Does anybody know of anyone that used poweradders on a 2.8? And what did he run at the track? And what should i put in the engine first?

Comment

Mustangeater WTF did you do? That is the most sh!t i have ever seen in an oil pan. As for a power adder for the 2.8 though i have never seen one. Your best bet is nitrous. Its easy and cheap but needs to be used responsibly (ie no 150 shot for a 2.8).
            2001 Arctic White Firebird With Black Drop Top<br /><br />3:42 Gears<br />Zexel LSD<br />BMR upper A-Arms<br />Trans Am exhaust with 3\" I-pipe and cutout<br />Modified intake<br />Mecham Hood<br />Trans Go shift kit<br />Making rear control arms and panhard

Comment

Originally posted by MustangEater8251:
              </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Red94Camaro:
              I would not bee too worried about the block, its stronger then the 3.4L block, and tiago has proven soem strength with that.

As for the pistons... They are not that great Cast aluminum.

Shattered piston *RIP original MustangEater*

Hmm... thats not suppose to be their...
              http://www.mustangeater825.50megs.co...s/P4010018.JPG

SO thats why I had no compression in that cylinder...
              http://www.mustangeater825.50megs.co...s/P4010020.JPG

And a sign that you motor is not doing too good when you find this in your oil pan...

http://www.mustangeater825.50megs.co...s/P4020026.JPG
              </font>[/QUOTE]LMAO [img]graemlins/rofl.gif[/img]

I actually had the damn hole in my 2.8 in the same exact spot where you had you'res except mine look like a SHOTGUN HOLE!
              ---Niño---<br /><i>95\' silver 5 spd</i>

Comment

go 3.4 swap and then turbo it. or 3.8. your best bet would be a v8 obviously, but if you really wanna then go for it, or make your own turbo kit, with welding knowledge, a how to turbo guide, and extensive emailing and talking to the camarov6 turbo gods you should be able to accomplish it.

but seriously, you could sell your car and buy a v8 car for not much more. or do a v8 swap, but i think it would be better to buy a v8 car. good luck with the turbo thing
                96 Camaro 3.8 A4 Basemodel: 8 mm wires, Shift Kit, Hollowed <br />Cat(o2 sims), RKSport exhaust, IAT 5.6K resistor, Home Depot CAI<br />&gt;&gt;&gt;15.375 @ 89.27&lt;&lt;&lt;NEW BEST TIME <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/552491\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/552491</a>

Comment

Doward/Vortex are working on a kit for a 3.1, ANd so is Smurf Tech over at TGO. I'm interested in FFF kit, but wonder how it will hookup in the third gen bay/front clip.
                  1978 Formula 461 in progress of being built :rock:
                  2013 Ram 1500 Big Horn

former owner of 85 bird w/ 2.8 - 3.4 - 3800 II - 5.0
                  94 comero 3.4

Comment

so how much nos should i shoot in my 2.8 t-punk ? and mustangeater what poweradders do u think i should get ?

Comment

texas doesnt have any emissions for you to pass, do they?
                      Iwas looking into a 3.4 project that would work good for you. Edelbroch makes a carb conversion kit for the 2.8/3.4 and put a Holley 4bbl carb on that with a nice cam. The fageol supercharger is a roots style setup and would work nice with the carb conversion.
                      \'01 Mineral Grey SVT Cobra<br />-former F-body owner

Comment

no texas doesnt have any emissions to pass. where can i get this conversion kit and the supercharger? and some more info on this?

Comment

you might want to check out some of the s-series forums.... they deal with this a bit more.

try www.s-series.org

the Edelbroch intake conversion and Holley carb I am sure you can get from Summit Racing. give them a call and see what they have.

at one time I did find a site for the superchargers, but i guess i didnt bookmark it. from the S-series website, I got this info for the superchargers....

Fageoal Superchargers. Call Mark (619)447-1092 Tell him you found this info on the S-Series.Org website.
                          \'01 Mineral Grey SVT Cobra<br />-former F-body owner

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• LETZRIDE
                            New Owner!
                            by LETZRIDE
                            I am happy to announce that I have sold the site to Robert (FirebirdGT). Years ago this site went down when TealV6 had it, I bought it, refreshed it,...
                            4 days ago
                          • ssms5411
                            Little work today
                            by ssms5411
                            Went ahead and moved my starter wire from the back, to the front again since it had no effect on my drain on the battery. Also made me nervous driving...
                            2 weeks ago
                          • LETZRIDE
                            Tom Henry RS Pt 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff
                            by LETZRIDE

Building the Tom Henry RS
                            Part 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff.
                            By: Hib Halverson

At the end of Part Three, we changed the valvetrain of the 3.8-liter V6 in the Tom Henry RS. We installed new, Yella Terra "Ultralite" 1.8:1, aluminum roller rocker arms, Katech valve springs and Katech titanium retainers on our 3800 Series II V6.
                            Ultralites are nearly 25% lighter than the stock 1.6 rockers and 8% lighter than the SLP aluminum...
                            02-07-2020, 10:30 PM

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X