I finally finished that little airflow project of mine... - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I finally finished that little airflow project of mine...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I finally finished that little airflow project of mine...

The hardest part was the first rivet. Everything stays nice and cool now. Pics can be found on my website listed below.

Very nice. [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]

Comment

I see that you have installed the pacesetter headers on your 3rd gen. How much modifications did you have to perform to get them to fit? I just got mine yesterday and I am curious.

Comment

put the hedders in a clamp, heat up w/torch, bend to clear.

or

Are those the Third gen Pae Setter hedders?
        1978 Formula 461 in progress of being built :rock:
        2013 Ram 1500 Big Horn

former owner of 85 bird w/ 2.8 - 3.4 - 3800 II - 5.0
        94 comero 3.4

Comment

3.4 took the words out of my mouth. It's only the passenger side you have to worry about and then you'll have to fab a way to hook to your exhaust system or take it to a shop. Don't bother running around town with just headers the car sounds like a cropduster, I had to drive mine to the exhaust shop. :eek: The driver's side goes on with no problem but the passenger side can be a pain. The best way to go is to take off your smog pump and alt to make things easier.

Comment

Sounds good enough. I think it will be easier since I already installed a custom dual exhaust a while ago. Anyone willing to give me a clue as to which way I have to bend the passenger side header? Towards the front or back, RH or LH side?

Comment

You'll have to tweak it forward some and I think a little towards the inside if I remember correctly.

Comment

Hey Jerriko, do you have a higher stall converter in you car. I've been looking for one but can't seem to find one that will work for lower hp engines.

Comment

Yeah, I have a 3200 stall. I purchased it through school. I can find out tomorrow where it came from.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• LETZRIDE
                    New Owner!
                    by LETZRIDE
                    I am happy to announce that I have sold the site to Robert (FirebirdGT). Years ago this site went down when TealV6 had it, I bought it, refreshed it,...
                    5 days ago
                  • ssms5411
                    Little work today
                    by ssms5411
                    Went ahead and moved my starter wire from the back, to the front again since it had no effect on my drain on the battery. Also made me nervous driving...
                    3 weeks ago
                  • LETZRIDE
                    Tom Henry RS Pt 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff
                    by LETZRIDE

Building the Tom Henry RS
                    Part 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff.
                    By: Hib Halverson

At the end of Part Three, we changed the valvetrain of the 3.8-liter V6 in the Tom Henry RS. We installed new, Yella Terra "Ultralite" 1.8:1, aluminum roller rocker arms, Katech valve springs and Katech titanium retainers on our 3800 Series II V6.
                    Ultralites are nearly 25% lighter than the stock 1.6 rockers and 8% lighter than the SLP aluminum...
                    02-07-2020, 10:30 PM

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X