another exhaust question...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• another exhaust question...

yea, i know we have a section devoted to intake/exhaust, but this question is just for third gen guys.
    aight, well, im thinkin of doin one more mod for my 92 rs before i start saving for my new camaro...when they come back out and it will def be a v8 ;)
    but anyways...i was wondering if anybody had the flowmaster american thunder for their 3.1 or 2.8. the one im lookin at is designed for v8's since they dont have any for 3.1 or 2.8. anways, i was wondering if anybody had any sound clips or had it. could you tell me if it gets raspy or ricey at higher rpm's or just tell me overall sound quality. im just a lil weary of mayb gettin one designed for v8's and having it sound like crap. any help is appreciated.
    1992 Camaro RS<br />Performance: K/N filter and custom CAI<br />Stereo/Electronics: 10\" Kicker Subwoofers, DEHP-4400 Pioneer Head Unit<br />Maintenance: New brake lines, New transmission mount<br />Upcoming: Flowmaster American Thunder Catback, Catco Catalytic Converter

If you wanna save some money and effort, just get the dynomax. $156 bux from summit, plus a $25 rebate. Im pleased with mine. Its not all that loud, but it also doesnt sound ricey. Sorry, no sound clip.
    91 Camaro RS 3.1 Auto<br />CAI <br />TB Bypass<br />Dynomax ST Catback Exhaust<br />15x7 AR Gamblers on GT Qualifiers<p>Dont Mess With The RS

Comment

yea, i know the dynomax is an option, but ive heard them and i just personally like the flowmaster better. just sound preference i guess.
      and once again asking anybody wit sound clips of the flow to post them. thanks
      1992 Camaro RS<br />Performance: K/N filter and custom CAI<br />Stereo/Electronics: 10\" Kicker Subwoofers, DEHP-4400 Pioneer Head Unit<br />Maintenance: New brake lines, New transmission mount<br />Upcoming: Flowmaster American Thunder Catback, Catco Catalytic Converter

Comment

try also over at thirdgen.org v6 section. A couple of them have that exhaust.
        1978 Formula 461 in progress of being built :rock:
        2013 Ram 1500 Big Horn

former owner of 85 bird w/ 2.8 - 3.4 - 3800 II - 5.0
        94 comero 3.4

Comment

Just like I've told everyone else, Flowmaster is the way to go. Sounds awesome on the V8's and V6's. When I had my 94 Camaro, it had a Flowmaster and sounded awesome once it burned in. I dont like Dynomax at all. Flowmaster gives the most rumble. I only paid $110 for the muffler, pipes, chrome tips and labor for everything at Meineke. Its one of the best places to go for that.
          2003 Nissan 350Z Touring Coupe, Daytona Blue, Frost leather interior, navigation, 18 inch wheels, M6, fully loaded, intake, crank pulley.<br /><br />Previous cars:<br />1991 Mustang (347)<br />2002 RS Camaro<br />1985 IROC-Z (305)<br />1994 Camaro convertible V6

Comment

thanks for the help guys.
            the guys over at thirdgen.org helped out also.
            ill be gettin the american thunder and a new cat...whenever i get the money

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X