Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New muffler

Hey everyone,

I'm looking to get a new exhaust for my 91 RS 3.1 Camaro. I am looking for a more aggresive sound (it has the stock exhaust at the moment).

After checking I am planning on buying a Flowmaster 80 series muffler (part 45283) and getting my dealer to construct the rest, cutting out the cat. converter and using 2" pipes throughout (expanding and decreasing to 2.5" at the in'outlets as required.

Anybody got any ideas opinions on this?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Neil
    Neil R Selkirk

I would find out how much that is going to cost you first. You can get a DynoMax cat-back for $160. Of course, being in Scotland dont know what the shipping would be if you couldnt get it over there. If you know how to work on cars then you could theoretically install it yourself. If not, then someone can do it for you. When I got mine I was going to the track the next day so I didnt want to bother putting it on my self. My mech charged me like $45 to put the exhaust on and a new starter. The DynoMax is 2 1/2 pipe with 2 1/2 inlet and outlets. It sounds great and it deepens up in a few months. Hope this helps a bit.

~Josh~
    1992 Firebird 3.1<br />16.61@80.70<br />CCAI With K&N Filter<br />DynoMax Cat-Back Exhaust<br />KYBs Shocks and Struts<br />Hotchkis Performance Coils<br />Everything else stock for now!!!

Comment

I have a 91 Camaro RS as well and I have the Flowmaster 80 series installed. I'm pretty happy with it, although I have no reference in which to compare it to the Dynamax. Often people confuse my car with a V8 because of the exhaust if that helps at all.
      [*]<b>Car: </b>1991 CHEVY CAMARO RS<br />[*]<b>Engine: </b> 3.1lt (191ci) V6 - MPFI<br />[*]<b>Stereo: </b> Alpine 7995 H/U | Eclipse 21000 EQ | BOSS IQ 3000w Amp | Crossfire AB 400watt Amp | 3 AudioBahn 12\" D/V Subs | Planet Audio 4x6\'s & 6x9\'s

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
      Working...
      X