Got a Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got a Question

I am out here on cruise on the George Washington Aircraft carrier.. I am going to buy a 1991 RS Camaro off a guy who is selling it for 800 dollars.. It is in real good shape.. It has 150,000 miles on the 3.1.. The only thing is that he says when you give it gas, its an auto, the engine feels like it wants to stall out until you reach a certain rpm and then he says around 15mph and on it rides fine.. Just at idle and low rpm it wants to try to stall out.. I am thinking it is the fuel pump, filter, or clogged exaust.. Anyone have this problem before and if so what did you find out?? I might not be able to respond to this for a couple of days due to internet restrictions but any help would be good.. Thanks..
    Jeff ..
    1998 Firebird.. Built 3.8 with a 125 shot.. 370rwhp,415rwtq.. stock tune!! sold

2002 WS6 T/A.. Bolt ins..448rwhp
    2009 G8 GT.. Vararam intake, GXP axleback
    1998 Corvette.. Vararam intake, Ti axleback
    http://www.fquick.com/slow-v6

If you have more than 800, you should go check out the Z28's. Those 3.1's dont last long when they get that many miles. I got an IROC Z28 very cheap and insurance is only 28 bucks a month and I'm 19. The V8's run well for those years. And you can do a lot to them for mods.
    2003 Nissan 350Z Touring Coupe, Daytona Blue, Frost leather interior, navigation, 18 inch wheels, M6, fully loaded, intake, crank pulley.<br /><br />Previous cars:<br />1991 Mustang (347)<br />2002 RS Camaro<br />1985 IROC-Z (305)<br />1994 Camaro convertible V6

Comment

uh oh, a squid! [img]tongue.gif[/img]
      All enginerun good if taken care of. Also look into a tps, and have the tranny hooked up toa diagnostic machine (basically checking for line pressure). Also, have any codes checked, or even take it into a dealership for a diagnostic for about $65.
      1978 Formula 461 in progress of being built :rock:
      2013 Ram 1500 Big Horn

former owner of 85 bird w/ 2.8 - 3.4 - 3800 II - 5.0
      94 comero 3.4

Comment

My car has 120,000 and it still runs like new. Granted I have to replace the fuel pump this week but it still runs like new.
        ~Josh~
        1992 Firebird 3.1<br />16.61@80.70<br />CCAI With K&N Filter<br />DynoMax Cat-Back Exhaust<br />KYBs Shocks and Struts<br />Hotchkis Performance Coils<br />Everything else stock for now!!!

Comment

I have a 3.1L goin' on 170K, and still "ropin' Mustangs". It all depends on how well you take care of your car. As for the stalling; I had that problem, but I don't remember what happened to cause it, but anyways, I just disconnected the battery because the computer that runs the sensors and stuff is just like a desktop computer (I'm a computer major in college). You cut power to it for about 15-20 seconds and it resets memory. . .same with a car, it'll reset the computer and (I think) make the sensors reset to a new setting. It's worth a shot.
          1992 Arctic White Firebird<br />3.1L V6, TB Coolant Bypass, CAI, Turbo Muffler, other little things.<br /><br /> <a href=\"http://www.geocities.com/colinobu/MyHomepage.html\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.geocities.com/colinobu/MyHomepage.html</a> <br /><br />\". . .Finger in the air and the flag still wavin\'. . .\"

Comment

Thanks everyone for your help.. I get back on the 20th of December and Buyning the camaro the same day.. I wish I could find a Z28 but 3.1 is fine for now.. I will try disconecting the battery and will check the fuel pressure also.. Thanks again for your help.. [img]graemlins/burnout.gif[/img]
            Jeff ..
            1998 Firebird.. Built 3.8 with a 125 shot.. 370rwhp,415rwtq.. stock tune!! sold

2002 WS6 T/A.. Bolt ins..448rwhp
            2009 G8 GT.. Vararam intake, GXP axleback
            1998 Corvette.. Vararam intake, Ti axleback
            http://www.fquick.com/slow-v6

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X