Heater blower motor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heater blower motor

My Firebird has statred to make an interresting sound, seems to come from the passenger side, when I turn on the A/C or heat. It sounds like a low grumble or growl, and gets louder as I crank up the A/C or heat. I'm thinking the heater blower motor, but wanna be sure. The A/C and heat still pump, but it sounds like I got a badger living in my dash. What do you guys think?
    <a href=\"http://home.earthlink.net/~spcboshears/\" target=\"_blank\">That other car is going to give Trans Am a terrible reputation</a>

you don't need no stinkin badger [img]tongue.gif[/img]

shoot it ;)

put your ear up to the blower motor & verify. Mine just makes regular (normal) blower mototr sounds.
    1978 Formula 461 in progress of being built :rock:
    2013 Ram 1500 Big Horn

former owner of 85 bird w/ 2.8 - 3.4 - 3800 II - 5.0
    94 comero 3.4

Comment

Yeah, badgers suck. When I popped the hood it did sound like it was coming from the direction of the motor. It still circulates air though, that's what's bothering me. I can live with the noise, so if it still works why mess with it I guess. I just keep my eye and ears peeled to see if it gets worse.
      <a href=\"http://home.earthlink.net/~spcboshears/\" target=\"_blank\">That other car is going to give Trans Am a terrible reputation</a>

Comment

actually, I just remember you can have the ignition turn 3/4's of the way on, and the motor will blow.. there's a quieter way to listen to the blower motor without the engine running.
        85 Firebird 172k mi.

Comment

any progess
          2013 Ram 1500 Big Horn

94 comero 3.4

Comment

Actually, the noise is produced by the bearings within the blow motor. I'm sure this is obvious but that does mean that someday in the future the bearings will fail and the motor will seize. I'm sure a million people can testify that there blower motors have made that noise for years and have had no problems but I am also sure that even more people can testify to hearing the noise and then having the motor go out. Better to get it taken care of now while its not a surprise on some cold winter morning.
            Jim

Comment

Thanks, I figured it would get me by for a while, but its next on my list of things to fix. Tried to get it out myself but the darn radio capacitor is in the way and I don't have the time these days to take everything out so I may end up dropping it off at the shop to have it done. Been preoccupied lately with a nasty coolant leak, that I think is now fixed. I hope. One of the lines near the air pump switching valve had a plastic fastener slip off the hose, so I imagine that's where it was coming from. Replaced it with a metal fastener since I couldn't get the plastic one off and ran some coolant sealer through the system. Poor baby was bleeding coolant like a stuck pig. Nothing worse that opening the hood and seeing that amber orange residue all over the engine compartment!

Thanks guys [img]smile.gif[/img]

Comment

coolant leaks suk :mad:

what's an air pump [img]tongue.gif[/img]
                2013 Ram 1500 Big Horn

94 comero 3.4

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                Working...
                X