Finally Installed my Hotchkis Springs... - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Finally Installed my Hotchkis Springs...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finally Installed my Hotchkis Springs...

Well, I have had my springs in my garage for many months and have had no time to install them. Finally, this past saturday, I was able to go to my friends shop and put them on. The car rides and stiffer and the steering is stiffer as well. The car handles like a dream. I wish I had had a chance to put them on earlier!

~Josh~
    1992 Firebird 3.1<br />16.61@80.70<br />CCAI With K&N Filter<br />DynoMax Cat-Back Exhaust<br />KYBs Shocks and Struts<br />Hotchkis Performance Coils<br />Everything else stock for now!!!

no part numbes, $$$ quote, are they for V6 cars only?

your slipping [img]graemlins/dunce.gif[/img] ;)

congrats!!!! [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img] I just have 1/2 col broken off drivers side spring, & 1/2 off cut off pass side to even it :(
    1978 Formula 461 in progress of being built :rock:
    2013 Ram 1500 Big Horn

former owner of 85 bird w/ 2.8 - 3.4 - 3800 II - 5.0
    94 comero 3.4

Comment

ha ha ha..my father was telling me the other day how he used to heat springs up, then cut'm to lower the vehicle..

I replaced my shocks / struts and my car was way better.. I cant wait to change the srpings..
      85 Firebird 172k mi.

Comment

Oops, any way! The part number for the springs is HSS-1903 They are for 82-92 GM F-Body. It never states whether for V6 or V8 so I took a chance. The price is $219.95 from Summit. They are actually, 1-Inch drop coil springs as well. They didnt raise the car at all. And I am told it still take 2-4 weeks or so for the springs to settle. It has been less then a week so far. As, for labor $0. I did it myself so no labor. Next, I dont know whether to get the Limited-Slip first of go for the Poly Kit. I think I might want the Limited-Slip first since I get horrible wet traction. Anyway, hope this stuff helped a bit.

~Josh~
        1992 Firebird 3.1<br />16.61@80.70<br />CCAI With K&N Filter<br />DynoMax Cat-Back Exhaust<br />KYBs Shocks and Struts<br />Hotchkis Performance Coils<br />Everything else stock for now!!!

Comment

are you going to get the powertrax setup ?
          2013 Ram 1500 Big Horn

94 comero 3.4

Comment

I have never heard of PowerTrax. I was going to go with Energy Suspension. Let me know about this PowerTrax setup though. Where I can find it and how much? Whats included with it? Stuff like that, thanks!

~Josh~

Comment

www.powewrtrax.com

it's for posi rear

[ November 08, 2002: Message edited by: 3.4 slow to go ]</p>
              2013 Ram 1500 Big Horn

94 comero 3.4

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
              Working...
              X