Braking Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Braking Problem

When im driving, and I go to break, the car brakes really hard, very unusual. When I stop, smoke comes out the back drivers side. I took the tire off and cleaned the breaks and could so no damage, no loose parts? The break pads are fine, been fine for well over a year.

What could be the problem?
    [*]<b>Car: </b>1991 CHEVY CAMARO RS<br />[*]<b>Engine: </b> 3.1lt (191ci) V6 - MPFI<br />[*]<b>Stereo: </b> Alpine 7995 H/U | Eclipse 21000 EQ | BOSS IQ 3000w Amp | Crossfire AB 400watt Amp | 3 AudioBahn 12\" D/V Subs | Planet Audio 4x6\'s & 6x9\'s

well for rear brakes we have drums.. im pretty sure most of us do,. if im wrong correct me so I gain further information.
    It might be hard hard so see in those drums. Keep an eye on the exhuast, and possibly a leaky brake cylinder.
    85 Firebird 172k mi.

Comment

Check the other side as well to make sure it's not binding up. If it binds before the shoes touch the drum fluid will be transferred to the other drum causing it to grab more.
      91 Firebird 3.1<br />SC12 Supercharger<br />LSD w/ 3.73s<br />NOS 80hp wet shot<br />AKA: Phoenix<br />\"If Speed Kills...Consider Me Dead.\"

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
      Working...
      X