Custom Cold Air Induction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Custom Cold Air Induction

I just purchased all the parts for my custom CAI. It cost $13.00 for the PVC Pipes and $42.99 for the K&N Air Filter. The filter had to be special ordered and wont arrive until the 25th. I will keep you updated on this. [img]graemlins/burnout.gif[/img]
    [*]<b>Car: </b>1991 CHEVY CAMARO RS<br />[*]<b>Engine: </b> 3.1lt (191ci) V6 - MPFI<br />[*]<b>Stereo: </b> Alpine 7995 H/U | Eclipse 21000 EQ | BOSS IQ 3000w Amp | Crossfire AB 400watt Amp | 3 AudioBahn 12\" D/V Subs | Planet Audio 4x6\'s & 6x9\'s

Good luck with the CAI, it isn't very difficult to do. I had to special order my filter also. Let us know if you have any questions or problems on the installation. You are really going to notice a difference when you take your car for a drive with your new intake (especially at higher speeds)!
    <a href=\"http://home1.gte.net/res07t9s/index.html\" target=\"_blank\">My 1991 Firebird - 3.1L V6</a> with custom K&N CAI, Flowmaster, Sony CD, MTX 4-ch amp, 2 MTX 10\" subs, Sony & Polk speakers, Eagle Wheels<br /><br /><a href=\"http://home1.gte.net/res07t9s/index.html\" target=\"_blank\">My 1997 Firebird Trans Am</a> with T-Tops, Panasonic CD, Alpine Speakers, MagnaFlow Exhaust, and Lingenfelter CAI.

Comment

Curious, I asked this same question under general tech, but I noticed that you had done the TB Coolant bypass, did you notice a difference after the bypass? Is it worth the hassle?

[img]graemlins/burnout.gif[/img]
      [*]<b>Car: </b>1991 CHEVY CAMARO RS<br />[*]<b>Engine: </b> 3.1lt (191ci) V6 - MPFI<br />[*]<b>Stereo: </b> Alpine 7995 H/U | Eclipse 21000 EQ | BOSS IQ 3000w Amp | Crossfire AB 400watt Amp | 3 AudioBahn 12\" D/V Subs | Planet Audio 4x6\'s & 6x9\'s

Comment

In my opinion, I think it is worth it. You're not going to notice a huge difference, but I did notice a small improvement, maybe 2 or 3 hp or so. Every little bit helps, especially since there isn't an abundance of mods for our cars. So for about $5, and 10 minutes of your time, I'd say go for it. It is very easy to do. If you can do the CAI, you'll have no problem with the TB coolant bypass. Since you need to take off the intake tube for your CAI anyway, I would recommend just doing the TB bypass at the same time. Taking off the intake tube is about the most time consuming step in the TB bypass installation anyway.

[ June 24, 2002: Message edited by: 91Firebird ]</p>
        <a href=\"http://home1.gte.net/res07t9s/index.html\" target=\"_blank\">My 1991 Firebird - 3.1L V6</a> with custom K&N CAI, Flowmaster, Sony CD, MTX 4-ch amp, 2 MTX 10\" subs, Sony & Polk speakers, Eagle Wheels<br /><br /><a href=\"http://home1.gte.net/res07t9s/index.html\" target=\"_blank\">My 1997 Firebird Trans Am</a> with T-Tops, Panasonic CD, Alpine Speakers, MagnaFlow Exhaust, and Lingenfelter CAI.

Comment

I'll be doing both the tb bypass and the cai on my fiance's 90 3.1 bird this weekend I'll let you know how it turns out. An what gains i think it did.
          1997 30th Anniversary A4 w/ some mods

Comment

I've got all the parts for the CAI today and will pick up my K&N Filter tomorrow from Kragen Auto Parts. I plan to do the TB Coolant Bypass also this weekend.

I've got a question, if I have a fractured flexplate, could that be a performance loss? I think that is what all my clicking noise is coming from.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X