Engine troubles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Engine troubles

Lets see.. My mom's '94 firebird just kinda popped. I suppose a gasket blew, and water and/or antifreeze was sucked into the engine. The thing overheated and melted some sensors, burned some parts, and ultimately crapped out. [img]graemlins/crybaby.gif[/img]

So. My mechanic suggests rebuilding the engine. This is my moms problem... Now how, besides regular system checks, do I prevent this from happening to my car when I get it. Are checking gaskets, seals, and hoses the only thing you can do to prevent such a tragedy?
    AIM: ChevyGuy1022<br />Email:ChevyGuy1022@swfla.rr.com<p>\'91 Camaro RS<br />K&N Filtered CCAI<br />Bosch Plat 4+ plugs

pretty much yeah. get coolant flushed/changed every 2 yrs. One day I will practice what I preach :rolleyes: .
    1978 Formula 461 in progress of being built :rock:
    2013 Ram 1500 Big Horn

former owner of 85 bird w/ 2.8 - 3.4 - 3800 II - 5.0
    94 comero 3.4

Comment

Watch the guages. Also I see FL in your profile, I would reccomend flush, and change on coolant every year. Its hot here.

Do they know what cuased her car to overheat so bad? My car is on its 3rd cooling fan, the original was killed in an accident at around 20k on the car. but I have been thorugh 2 in 90k. Mine is the same 94, but in Camaro form.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
      Working...
      X