CAI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CAI

What exactly has to be done to install a CAI system? How much does it affect performance and so I have to change anything else with the engine to help it along? Any other info on it is well appreciated
    AIM: ChevyGuy1022<br />Email:ChevyGuy1022@swfla.rr.com<p>\'91 Camaro RS<br />K&N Filtered CCAI<br />Bosch Plat 4+ plugs

check this out

you might find it interesting.[

[ January 17, 2002: Message edited by: 2.8 slow to go ]</p>
    1978 Formula 461 in progress of being built :rock:
    2013 Ram 1500 Big Horn

former owner of 85 bird w/ 2.8 - 3.4 - 3800 II - 5.0
    94 comero 3.4

Comment

Last week when I did hae the bird up on jacks, I did have an idea sort of like the link I posted, but modified to fit the bird. When the wife lets me go with out a "honey do...." list, I might be able to do a mock up & take more pics (that should take another month to do :rolleyes: )
      2013 Ram 1500 Big Horn

94 comero 3.4

Comment

I am not sure on the feasibility of it on a firebird, but on my 85 camaro the airbox was right infront of the radiator, kinda like the 98+ air boxes, I cut the bottom under both filters ran 3in. tubing to through the bumper support, adn ran them to the grill, nice little ram air, worked great on hte highway. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Comment

1990 thru 1992 'birds are hard to get ram air into 'cuz the nose slopes down with NO inlets (if you have foglights and blinkers like me) That's a sweet rig though. I've been thinkin' about pulling air from UNDER the nose, in front of the air dam underneath.
          1992 Arctic White Firebird<br />3.1L V6, TB Coolant Bypass, CAI, Turbo Muffler, other little things.<br /><br /> <a href=\"http://www.geocities.com/colinobu/MyHomepage.html\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.geocities.com/colinobu/MyHomepage.html</a> <br /><br />\". . .Finger in the air and the flag still wavin\'. . .\"

Comment

Colin, that's my plan, but will involve batt relocation. gimme time..
            2013 Ram 1500 Big Horn

94 comero 3.4

Comment

I have the SLP CAI in my 1990 Camaro RS. Below are some links to the pictures of it.

Shot 1
              Shot 2
              Shot 3

If you have any further questions feel free ta ask away.

Mark
              <b>1990 Camaro RS - 3.1L V6</b><br /><a href=\"http://users.erols.com/wwasem/interest.htm\" target=\"_blank\">With some mods here and there..... =o) And now with pictures!!</a>

Comment

I really don't see why all this is about firebirds... I was specifically asking about camaros... gen III camaros to be exact. so whatever information you have time to give...
                AIM: ChevyGuy1022<br />Email:ChevyGuy1022@swfla.rr.com<p>\'91 Camaro RS<br />K&N Filtered CCAI<br />Bosch Plat 4+ plugs

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by 91CamaroRS:
                  I really don't see why all this is about firebirds... I was specifically asking about camaros... gen III camaros to be exact. so whatever information you have time to give...<hr></blockquote>

Umm, if you didn't notice by now... the Camaro and Firebird are one in the same.... minus the different looks. And also my post WAS a Camaro...

Mark :rolleyes:
                  <b>1990 Camaro RS - 3.1L V6</b><br /><a href=\"http://users.erols.com/wwasem/interest.htm\" target=\"_blank\">With some mods here and there..... =o) And now with pictures!!</a>

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by WWasem:

Umm, if you didn't notice by now... the Camaro and Firebird are one in the same....
                    Mark :rolleyes:
                    <hr></blockquote>

Yes I did notice. But just try and keep in mind... I just got my permit wednesday... Im new to all this. The only thing Ive done with cars is driven my dads, helped him work on it a little, but thats a chevy blazer... Other than that I read a book or two and signed up for these message boards. just try and be easy on me, and as informative as possible, if its not too much to ask

Comment

Sorry man, I didn't know that you were a youngin' as I hehe. (I'm 18 so I've been into this a little longer, but still learning) I'll try and help as much as I can though. Feel free to leave all the questions you've got.

Mark

Comment

I've got the SLP Dual Cold Air Intake on my 86 Trans Am. It will work on a Camaro as well, if you have 90-92 Tuned Port Injected motor.
                        My highly modified 305TPI motor

It is a little pricey, $300+shipping, but looks cool as ****.

[ January 29, 2002: Message edited by: Zepher WS6 ]

[ January 29, 2002: Message edited by: Zepher WS6 ]</p>

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X