Air Pump Check Valve ( A.I.R. something) - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Air Pump Check Valve ( A.I.R. something)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Air Pump Check Valve ( A.I.R. something)

Have any of you replaced this part or even know what I am talking about? At the end of the piece there is a part that a tube should fit on, do any of you know where this tube connects to? Also, there is a note that came with the new Air Pump Check Valve that says before replacing your air pump valve, verify the operation of the air management/diverter valve. What in the name is that, where do I find it? I think I have heard of it before but cant remember really. Any help would be awesome. Thanks

~Josh~

This is the same thread I posted on thirdgen.org Never hurts to try in two places!
    1992 Firebird 3.1<br />16.61@80.70<br />CCAI With K&N Filter<br />DynoMax Cat-Back Exhaust<br />KYBs Shocks and Struts<br />Hotchkis Performance Coils<br />Everything else stock for now!!!

havn't read your post over there, too busy bouncing back & forth.
    once again, according to haynes:

the AIR systemn consists of the pump, control valve, check valve, & convertor. control valve combines 2 functions: divert & air switching.

switching directs air to exhaust ports on cold starting, to convertor when warm.air diverted to atmosphere when a rich condition sensed by ecm.

both valves controlled with solenoids by ecm.
    1978 Formula 461 in progress of being built :rock:
    2013 Ram 1500 Big Horn

former owner of 85 bird w/ 2.8 - 3.4 - 3800 II - 5.0
    94 comero 3.4

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
    Working...
    X