All tuned up..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• All tuned up..

I just finished changing the plugs, wires, rotor, and cap. I am checking over the vacuum lines this friday to make sure they are all ok. I also plan on checking the compression this weekend as well. By the way, does anyone know what the compression is suuposed to be? I have a 1992 3.1 Also, what is the compression ratio of the 3.1? I am also about to replace my oil pressure sending unit in about 20 minutes once the car cools down. If all goes well I am planning on ordering the cam kit next week. If anyone can give me some info about the compression if would help greatly. THANKS

~Josh~
    1992 Firebird 3.1<br />16.61@80.70<br />CCAI With K&N Filter<br />DynoMax Cat-Back Exhaust<br />KYBs Shocks and Struts<br />Hotchkis Performance Coils<br />Everything else stock for now!!!

cr: 8.5:1 you get to use 87 octane

I believe cylinder comp. should be within 10% of each other, lowest to highest.

don't forget the pcv, O2 sensor, and clean air filter. Also change tranny filter. check tire pressure & differential fluid.

which cam kit? the $150 comp cam or the $119 GMPP kit for the 3.4 crate motor?
    1978 Formula 461 in progress of being built :rock:
    2013 Ram 1500 Big Horn

former owner of 85 bird w/ 2.8 - 3.4 - 3800 II - 5.0
    94 comero 3.4

Comment

Hey thanks for the info. Remind me again where the O2 Sensor is? I have a K&N and have cleaned it already. Though, thanks for reminding me about the tranny filter. I plan on going with the Crane Cam. It inlcudes the lifters. Not sure whether the GMPP does or not. Hey 2.8 Slow to go, do you know the stock cam specs also? Thanks a lot man?

~Josh~
      1992 Firebird 3.1<br />16.61@80.70<br />CCAI With K&N Filter<br />DynoMax Cat-Back Exhaust<br />KYBs Shocks and Struts<br />Hotchkis Performance Coils<br />Everything else stock for now!!!

Comment

My Haynes manual says the 3.1s cr is 8.89:1
        Not sure if thats real acurate though.....

Comment

the GMPP kit does include lifters.

I got the cr from Third Gen Info
          2013 Ram 1500 Big Horn

94 comero 3.4

Comment

Hey thanks a lot. Have you done the cam change?

Comment

Not yet. Finally broke down & bought some film so pics should be here in about a week.

I'm hoping saturday to drop the oilpan & inspect the rust, I mean underside of the motor (I know I've been saying this for a while, but I did get the stereo system hooked up & thata takes precident :rolleyes: )

Secretly I'm hoping for a bunch of rust & spunbearings so I can justify to the wife about getting a 3.4. Otherwise I will rebuild the heads, clean up the block, put back together & may or may not have enough $$$ to get everything needed for the turbo (tax return soon though :D [img]graemlins/fluffy.gif[/img] )
              2013 Ram 1500 Big Horn

94 comero 3.4

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
              Working...
              X