Shift kit review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shift kit review

I bought a B&M shift kit. Its the street/strip or heavy duty kit, depending on what you what it to do. I had the street strip version installed.

Shift kits are designed to raised the shift points, shift harder, and extend the life of the transmission. For $40 its a pretty good deal, especially if you can do it yourself. I'm kinda afraid of working on the tranny since its such a complex piece of weird stuff to me, so I had it installed. Labor was $100 and took about 4 hours. :(

Still, I think it was worth it. The car feels faster now, since the tranny waits until the engine is farther into the powerband before shifting. Its only about 500 to 700rpm higher than before, but it is definitely noticable. I read somewhere that this kit will take .2 sec off the quarter mile. Not all that much, but for $40 its hard to beat. Plus its nice that the tranny is tougher now.
    Just thought I'd share that I'm giving the B&M 700R4 shift kit a thumbs up. [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]

Where did you purchase this from? Sounds interesting... although my shift points are already raised due to the Hypertech computer chip. Can you chirp the gears? Thanks!

Mark
    <b>1990 Camaro RS - 3.1L V6</b><br /><a href=\"http://users.erols.com/wwasem/interest.htm\" target=\"_blank\">With some mods here and there..... =o) And now with pictures!!</a>

Comment

I got mine from a local speed shop, but you can get one from www.summitracing.com for $30. I didn't know that.
      What do you mean by chirp the gears? Chirp the tires going into second? Yes, slightly. I suppose the manual guys don't have too much of doing that....

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
      Working...
      X