Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Turbo time....

duct tape!

jk, glad to see you made very quick progress, quit being so humble, you did an awesome job man! haha

Comment

Originally posted by whitdog54 View Post
      duct tape!

jk, glad to see you made very quick progress, quit being so humble, you did an awesome job man! haha
      Thanks man!! I just figure those turbo ppl are like....damn this guy doesnt know what hes doing:D

I got a good coupler and ill be seeing if im ok later today.

Comment

its definitely a budget build, other than the piping/welding its not a bad setup at all! i wanna see what it puts down.

Comment

Originally posted by thebeewantsboost View Post
          its definitely a budget build, other than the piping/welding its not a bad setup at all! i wanna see what it puts down.
          Me too!!!!!!!! I cant wait till april to get some track time in. Long as I break in the 14's ill be extatic!!!:rock:

Comment

Updated from todays tuning, highest throttle was 90% highest boost was 9.5psi, arfs in check, spark knock is only there in a cell or 2 with less then 1* retard that i need to get rid of since i want absoluly NO knock!

Enjoy my comentary...LOL
            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rA7Afatc3NY

Comment

Originally posted by fasteddi View Post
              Updated from todays tuning, highest throttle was 90% highest boost was 9.5psi, arfs in check, spark knock is only there in a cell or 2 with less then 1* retard that i need to get rid of since i want absoluly NO knock!

Enjoy my comentary...LOL
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rA7Afatc3NY
              Very nice. Left you a comment there.

What do you mean you went thru. 25 chips?

Comment

Originally posted by 2.8 Bird View Post
                Very nice. Left you a comment there.

What do you mean you went thru. 25 chips?

Thats how many times I had to change values on my chip(bin file) before I could make a sucessful pull and feel comfortable.

Im tuning using the slow way....burning chips over and over.:(

Comment

More entertainment. 7.5psi pull half throttle feathered....LOL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b6aK2k46Mg8

Comment

told ya it would bottom out lol. are you tuning a maf or map?

Comment

MAP tuneing, I cant do anymore till i get this boost sileniold that i ordered so that i can turn the boost to the levels i want through the ECU. The efficiencey range of that turbo is 7psi plus..So i need to be able to meter it better.

Comment

so do you have a 2 bar map? theres not a way for me to measure boost through my tuning software tuning the maf. can you post a link of the boost solenoid you are using. none of this stuff will probably ever pertain to me but i'm just curious....

Comment

Originally posted by thebeewantsboost View Post
                          so do you have a 2 bar map? theres not a way for me to measure boost through my tuning software tuning the maf. can you post a link of the boost solenoid you are using. none of this stuff will probably ever pertain to me but i'm just curious....
                          Im using a 3bar map. And the $59 code for the ECU tuning, as its settable for 2 or 3 bar map sensors.

Heres the link to the boost silenoid. Basically I can set values in the ecu that will control that silenild/which limits the psi that the wastegate sees, thus letting the turbo spool up more boost.
                          Heres the pigtail for the silenoild
                          http://www.ebay.com/itm/120723539706...WNX:IT&vxp=mtr

Heres the silenoid itself
                          http://www.ebay.com/itm/120722178728...84.m1439.l2649

Comment

what does the boost solenoid plug into besides a vacuum source

Comment

One wire goes to a switched 12vts(anywhere on the fuse panel thats only on with the ignition) and the other goes to the ecu. On mine its the F2 pin, very easy to install im told..LOL
                              One side the vac comes from the turbo psi port(or the back of your manifold) then the other vac line goes into the wastegate.

Comment

Anyone ever run slicks.... i can get my hands on newer 26x10.5 ET slick on 15 inch rims for free basically. I havent made the trip to get them as im not sure if they fit. There off a friends car that was running 12.5's in the 1/4

I know thats alot more tire then i need but i CAN NOT afford to buy slicks and having that turbo and such is gonna eat my street tires up at the track

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• LETZRIDE
                                  New Owner!
                                  by LETZRIDE
                                  I am happy to announce that I have sold the site to Robert (FirebirdGT). Years ago this site went down when TealV6 had it, I bought it, refreshed it,...
                                  5 days ago
                                • ssms5411
                                  Little work today
                                  by ssms5411
                                  Went ahead and moved my starter wire from the back, to the front again since it had no effect on my drain on the battery. Also made me nervous driving...
                                  3 weeks ago
                                • LETZRIDE
                                  Tom Henry RS Pt 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff
                                  by LETZRIDE

Building the Tom Henry RS
                                  Part 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff.
                                  By: Hib Halverson

At the end of Part Three, we changed the valvetrain of the 3.8-liter V6 in the Tom Henry RS. We installed new, Yella Terra "Ultralite" 1.8:1, aluminum roller rocker arms, Katech valve springs and Katech titanium retainers on our 3800 Series II V6.
                                  Ultralites are nearly 25% lighter than the stock 1.6 rockers and 8% lighter than the SLP aluminum...
                                  02-07-2020, 10:30 PM

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X