Turbo time....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Turbo time....

Me 2 !! I hope my ex doesnt leak, or the oil lines, if i get the WB controler hooked up today i will start it up.

Comment

Lots of tuning to do but heres the safe start up... a little rich, but idles smoother that way??

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x7lKVP_rhjI
      It starts to hunt at idle if i lean it out to 14-15 afr so thats why its tuned rich right now

Comment

congrats on a safe start up!!.....btw is that a 3.4/3500 swap??

Comment

Its just a lil 3.1L. Only real mods else then the turbo stuff is a cam and ported heads.
          Last edited by fasteddi; 02-10-2012, 05:45 PM.

Comment

congrats

Comment

Originally posted by thebeewantsboost View Post
              congrats
              Thanks!

Comment

Your videos are cool. Glad to see everything working. I can't wait to see your car running in the street.

Comment

Thanks man!!
                  Its freezing cold out but hopefully as soon as the weather breaks ill be tuning and taking it down the streets!

Comment

I was just playing earlier and took this video.. wanted to make sure the turbo worked...LOL.

AFR readings of 10.5-11 on both runs, and absolutly no spark knock/retard.. 4.5psi on the first and 6psi on the second. I have now ruined my garage floor but at least its posi! Enjoy!! Also i need to adjust my blow off valve!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PlyJWQygYrw
                    Last edited by fasteddi; 02-11-2012, 03:43 PM.

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KeuXQBex2OU

This is the last time i do this.. the smoke freaked me out as i though i did something wrong. But it was just from the tires.

Almost 8lbs of boost (7.58PSI on the datalogg.) @3850 RPM's

AFR's were good again and no spark knock. I just wanted to adjust the BOV but can hear anything but the turbo and the lil serge it has when i let off. I need the weather to be good so i can tune this part throttle and WOT. I know those AFR's and SA tables will need tuned alot when im actually putting a larger load on the engine, so this was just playing arround....and how i love the turbo sound!!!!!
                      Last edited by fasteddi; 02-11-2012, 06:13 PM.

Comment

definitely need to get the bov adjusted. and haha you definitely did freak out but i do understand.

Comment

Yea i definitly freaked.. I was like what happen, all the numbers are ok on the laptop and guages.. I thougt i blew off a line of somesort. Nope i just did a bigger burn out then i thought..LOL

Comment

My baby after a cleaning.. Looks so sweet and sick with that turbo!! I could just stare at it for hours.. Amazing what makes me happy....

Comment

thats a damn good looking 3rd gen bro, love the color and it looks like its in great shape.

Comment

Thanks man!!!!!!!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Vladimir Gecko
                                  Low Voltage
                                  by Vladimir Gecko
                                  I recently ran into a problem where when I drove my battery gauge showed low voltage. I compulsively replaced the battery and it was still doing the same...
                                  1 day ago
                                • LETZRIDE
                                  New Owner!
                                  by LETZRIDE
                                  I am happy to announce that I have sold the site to Robert (FirebirdGT). Years ago this site went down when TealV6 had it, I bought it, refreshed it,...
                                  1 week ago
                                • ssms5411
                                  Little work today
                                  by ssms5411
                                  Went ahead and moved my starter wire from the back, to the front again since it had no effect on my drain on the battery. Also made me nervous driving...
                                  3 weeks ago
                                • LETZRIDE
                                  Tom Henry RS Pt 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff
                                  by LETZRIDE

Building the Tom Henry RS
                                  Part 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff.
                                  By: Hib Halverson

At the end of Part Three, we changed the valvetrain of the 3.8-liter V6 in the Tom Henry RS. We installed new, Yella Terra "Ultralite" 1.8:1, aluminum roller rocker arms, Katech valve springs and Katech titanium retainers on our 3800 Series II V6.
                                  Ultralites are nearly 25% lighter than the stock 1.6 rockers and 8% lighter than the SLP aluminum...
                                  02-07-2020, 10:30 PM

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X