This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Formula won't start

I wanted to drive the Formula to work this morning and it would not start! The battery is getting power and I can hear the fuel pump, but it just cranks and cranks. I won't have time to mess with it until I come back from Portland on sunday. I had the same problem once with my old '87 2.8 and it turned out to be an ignition module.

Anyone have any ideas??

Re: Formula won't start

Originally posted by Jtels2593 View Post
    I wanted to drive the Formula to work this morning and it would not start! The battery is getting power and I can hear the fuel pump, but it just cranks and cranks. I won't have time to mess with it until I come back from Portland on sunday. I had the same problem once with my old '87 2.8 and it turned out to be an ignition module.

Anyone have any ideas??
    Yeah, mine was the ignition module too on my 2.8. But don't crank it too much or else you risk blowing your fusible link.

My injectors too were bad.

1998 Firebird . 1989 Firebird XS . 1986 Fiero GT

Comment

Thanks for the advice. I am not much on internal mechanics and spent at least two hours trying to figure out the problem with no resolution. I paid to have it towed to my mechanic and will hopefully receive a call tomorrow. :poke:

Comment

I'm not either, but I kept cranking and cranking it till I blew my fusible link. That was a headach to repair. All it needed was the ignition module. Currently working getting all my injectors replaced.

Comment

So I got a call back. It turns out that the ignition module needed replaced and there is also a cracked head gasket. The perfect situation to happen right after you buy a car. I am looking at a top half rebuild and new ignition module. The quote come to a little over $900. Awesome!

Anyone want to buy a Formula??

Comment

Just buy a junkyard engine lol, or put it on craigslist. 3rd gens are a dime a dozen, sopmeone will buy it and someone out there is looking for that car as we type.
            #1:1999 pewter metallic y87 rs A4 camaro.check out the pics on the link below<br />#2:Bright red 1979 Pontiac Trans Am. Brand new 400 cubic inch Pontiac Motor. All work done by me, except the engine work.<br /> <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2216133\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2216133</a>

Comment

It was an impulse buy, she hates it sitting in the driveway, and I already drive an F-Body money pit.

I had backed it into the driveway and parked it on the side of the house, with the headlights popped up (motors need replaced). She made a smartass comment that I should should just decorate the outside of our home to look like a Cracker Barrel store.

Comment

I know how you feel. My gf speaks badly of the camaro too.

"Why is your car so loud?" "Is it broken again?" "Why don't you have A/C?" "Why did you convert to manual windows?" "Just sell it already."
                1998 Chevy Camaro 3.8
                1997 Chevy Camaro Z28 - SOLD 7-23-2011
                1996 Chevy Camaro Z28
                2001 Pontiac Firebird Formula

Comment

Originally posted by truekoa View Post

"Why is your car so loud?" "Is it broken again?" "Why don't you have A/C?" "Why did you convert to manual windows?" "Just sell it already."
                  HAHAHA That's hilarious!

Comment

That is funny
                    2002 Silver Firebird A4<br />T-Tops, Leather, Y87, W68, Chrome Wheels<br />Bone Stock

Comment

Sold it this afternoon to my buddy Kurt. Took a $600 loss but whatever. Glad to see it gone. No more impulse buys..

Comment

Originally posted by Jtels2593 View Post

I had backed it into the driveway and parked it on the side of the house, with the headlights popped up (motors need replaced). She made a smartass comment that I should should just decorate the outside of our home to look like a Cracker Barrel store.
                        Good thing I married the right lady. My wife loves my Pontiacs. As for the headlight it's usually the puck in the headlight motors that does moreso than gear problem. You can usually get that at home depot.

So sorry to hear that you sold it.

Comment

That would be my EX gf if she kept talkin to me like that. :P
                          -Jarred '70 Pontiac LeMans | '89 Firebird Formula 350

Comment

Classic...
                            Daily: '02 Black Yukon Denali
                            Toy: '06 Torrid Red GTO
                            Gone: Powerdyned '02 Pewter Camaro
                            Gone: '07 Charcoal Yamaha R6
                            Gone: Ex-wife, lol

Comment

This makes me love my girl even more. She is a Mustang and Harley gearhead. She gets it. :)

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X