Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: radials didn't work as planned

Originally posted by Bird_Of_Prey View Post
    So you have 3 mods directly inhibiting weight transfer. Do you have the KYB's on all 4 corners? How soft do they go? Stiffer rear springs aren't good for drag racing, and that big front sway bar isnt doing you much good. If your end links aren't all rusted up, think about disconnecting them for the track. Shouldn't take you much time to pull them off, and should be worth some 60'.

As far as the tires go, yore doing it rong. Start with more air, and then go down. Seriously, start around 22ish. Air the fronts up!! At least 45psi!! For the love of god man, don't do the SFC's, you're just adding weight. You're not making an earth rotating amount of torque. Ditch the STB while you're at it, useless. Is your car lowered? Why do you have the LCA relo on the bottom bolt? Try moving it up one. Neutral hole is the best place to start.
    I have the adjustable shocks on all 4 corners yes...they go from a rating of 1-8 in softness...I have them set at 6 (firm side) So I am going to lower them to 3 tonight and make the fronts a little stiffer as well...

The rear springs arent much stiffer...I think the stock is like 105# and these are like 108#...it was the closest I could get to a stock replacement spring, they are the moog ones...I wanted stock ride height...the relocation arms helped me with some wheel hop I was getting earlier...I went down a hole at a time...the bottom hole seemed to get rid of it for the most part...the tq arm took care of the rest later...

I plan on probably ditching the stb soon...

the endlinks are all new as of last year...the 32mm hollow bar is a little lighter then the stock bar? I have the stock rear bar still on...

I was going to start up around 26 psi and work my way down tonight...and try airing the fronts up...

like I said man...that was the first time I've ever run something like these tires on the car...I don't know whats good for them, and I had no one with experience with me to guide me...I have a few buddies who run slicks comming tonight, and a bunch of info from this post...I'll try round 2 tonight and hopefully it will pay off...

2002 SOM Z28 Camaro - 12.9 @ 104 mph
    1996 3800 Camaro - 13.43 @ 100.77 mph

Project Cars | How To Guides | Scratch Repair | Synthetic Oil

Comment

You'll figure it out man.

Pull the front swaybar endlinks (or the whole bar) off. It'll help
      with weight transfer. Just don't take corners at 90mph and you'll
      be fine.

Comment

ok...time to view the..."I snapped something" in the rear axle thread....and blew the brake lines....racings a flippin expensive sport...

Comment

This is why I build mine for the street and will maybe make a run once, twice a year but mine will be a DD for me with alittle kick.LOL Replied to the thread, good luck on fixing it.
          08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
          96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

oh mines a dd...I got 224k (km)on it and put about 3-4k's a month right now on it with my job...I dont go ot the track too often...maybe 5-6 times a summer...

Comment

When i get a 3rd vehicle for us I might make the track a hobby but I still need mine for Dr. appts. and pickup medication. With my luck , ,ime would explode at the track.LOL
              08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
              96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Letzride, just "learn" your car!! All this BS about switching DS's is just that.. BS. I ran low 12's with the stock DS NO PROBLEM. When you hit 12's, you can think about a one piece and a loop. Otherwise, for now,,, Practice with what you have!! And as Bird of Prey said, start with a higher PSI on the ET Streets. That run you posted, looked decent. If anything, it could be your tune that's causing some issues.
                2004 CE Corvette 10.86@132mph
                1996 Supercharged/Nitrous Camaro RS (For Sale)
                2011 Cadillac CTS-V
                2011 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GT-P
                2006 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS

Comment

Well I have an aluminum d/s...I do need a loop though...the track has told me that I need it in order to run the car...I also wasnt worried about things breaking...until I possibly just grenaded the rear end...minor setback I suppose...I am getting better...I had alot more 1.9 60's wednesday night...I still didnt get around to airing up the front tires, and playing with the shock settings...I know it has alot more potential in it...

Heres a run from wed night to... http://www.facebook.com/v/140846175729

I missed the water box again...shot up past the staging light trying to hold it....then got in sh*t for it...ahh well...Im learning...no one was guiding me in...techies were non existent...

Comment

Originally posted by LETZRIDE View Post
                    Well I have an aluminum d/s...I do need a loop though...the track has told me that I need it in order to run the car...I also wasnt worried about things breaking...until I possibly just grenaded the rear end...minor setback I suppose...I am getting better...I had alot more 1.9 60's wednesday night...I still didnt get around to airing up the front tires, and playing with the shock settings...I know it has alot more potential in it...

I missed the water box again...shot up past the staging light trying to hold it....then got in sh*t for it...ahh well...Im learning...no one was guiding me in...techies were non existent...
                    Don't worry about the starting line workers. They almost never guide you into the right part of the burnout box. Pop your door open when you back up, you want to get just into the edge of the water, not the puddle.
                    <a href=\"http://www.fullthrottlev6.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.fullthrottlev6.com</a><br /><a href=\"http://www.chitownracing.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.chitownracing.com</a>

Comment

That looked like a good run! What was the ET/60' on that one? Looked like the side of the car lifted! Pick up some skinnies and run them at 40-42psi. That'll help a little too. :)
                      2011 Cadillac CTS-V

Comment

Originally posted by Shirl View Post
                        That looked like a good run! What was the ET/60' on that one? Looked like the side of the car lifted! Pick up some skinnies and run them at 40-42psi. That'll help a little too. :)
                        I got to find the time slip for full info, but it was a 14.5 run with a 1.98 60'...I meant to soften the shocks a little since I think I set them a little too hard...was going to do that before the end of the night, but I wanted to play with tire pressure first, (change one thing at a time) I still didnt get a chance to air the front ones up...then I broke

I had 3-4 runs that night...I believe all except 1 were 1.9 60's...I would say that run against the vette was my worst run...I ran 14.5 with no passenger...the rest of the night I ran 14.5 with a passenger...so maybe a 14.4-14.3 without him in the car (possibly)

Comment

I got to find the time slip for full info, but it was a 14.5 run with a 1.98 60'...I meant to soften the shocks a little since I think I set them a little too hard...was going to do that before the end of the night, but I wanted to play with tire pressure first, (change one thing at a time) I still didnt get a chance to air the front ones up...then I broke

I had 3-4 runs that night...I believe all except 1 were 1.9 60's...I would say that run against the vette was my worst run...I ran 14.5 with no passenger...the rest of the night I ran 14.5 with a passenger...so maybe a 14.4-14.3 without him in the car (possibly)
                          Changing tire pressure may give you a tenth or so. But it looks like mid (to low) 14's is what the car does in the conditions you are running in. What was the temperature? Try icing the intake manifold too between runs if it's hot out.
                          2011 Cadillac CTS-V

Comment

not sure on the temp for this night...I got too sidetracked with stuff breaking to look up the DA and what not...I know the tune needs alot of work...whenever I do my tuning at home I'm only able to do the bottom end...0-120km/h....so the first two gears pulls strong...dont have the room to tune up 3-4 gear pulls...I notice I die out down the track on the top end...The run where I broke the posi unit, I gave a magnum (running 15.7) a head start by about 2 seconds...I pulled him in fast for the first bit...but was creeping up on him very slowly on the top end...ended up loosing by a nose, but only cause I gave him the head start...

Im running about 31-32 degrees of timing on the bottom half...and only around 23-24 up top...I need to get some more power up there....

keep in mind to, I've never mentioned that we are 99.9% sure I have 1 bent valve on the drivers side...although I havent done a compression test to confirm this, it was leaking out all the air when we hooked the air compressor up to that cylinder to hold the valve up when we did the cam swap. (valve seal replacement)

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X