Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: M/T drag radials at the track

Originally posted by LETZRIDE View Post
    see the people I talked to said that if you balance them, as soon as you do your first burn out, they'll be unbalanced again... I dunno...I've never used this kinda tire/rim before

What is a dry hop, and how do you do it?
    After you do your burnout in the burn out box, pull up on the dry area in front of the burnout box. Keep one foot on the gas and the other on the brake to keep control of the car and spin the tires a few more times.

What brand/size tires are you running on the front?
    2004 CE Corvette 10.86@132mph
    1996 Supercharged/Nitrous Camaro RS (For Sale)
    2011 Cadillac CTS-V
    2011 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GT-P
    2006 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS

Comment

no marks on the tires or car no...but I could hear a FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP...when I was slowing down...fastest I had the car with them on was 60km/h....just a little concerned if I was slowing down from 190-200km/h....
      What is the backspacing on the rear wheels??? I "think" they might be rubbing on the inside of the fender well. If that's the case, you can take rubber mallet to it. I'd make sure you find the problem, before you go to the track.
      Last edited by Shirl; 07-31-2009, 09:26 AM.
      2011 Cadillac CTS-V

Comment

guys is it safe to run the ET streets in the back, and regular radials in the front...I've read that you shouldnt mix radial and bias-ply tires? Am I safe in doing this???
        Handling/stability issues are usually the result of mixing bias and radials. Just don't drive hectic on the way to the track. Take it easy on turns and curves. On the track they should be ok. Make sure all of your lugs are tight. ;) Do you have LCA's?

Time to invest in some skinnies. They would knock another tenth off too.
        2011 Cadillac CTS-V

Comment

Originally posted by Shirl View Post
          Handling/stability issues are usually the result of mixing bias and radials. Just don't drive hectic on the way to the track. Take it easy on turns and curves. On the track they should be ok. Make sure all of your lugs are tight. ;) Do you have LCA's?

Time to invest in some skinnies. They would knock another tenth off too.

When I find some I'll nab em...I got lca's now as well yes...non adjustable though...they are the 3 piece poly ball ones from hotpart...They're not rubbing the inside of the fender...Im positive it is that back plastic piece, but only under breaking...

My front tires are 245 50 R16 Hankook ventus HR II tires...they're a street radial...I will only be using the ET streets at the track, the only reason I had them on the street was for a dry test run...

I'm leaving for the track in about 20 mins, so wish me luck and look for a "It broke 13's" type post soon :banana:

Thanks guys/gals...

2002 SOM Z28 Camaro - 12.9 @ 104 mph
          1996 3800 Camaro - 13.43 @ 100.77 mph

Project Cars | How To Guides | Scratch Repair | Synthetic Oil

Comment

When I find some I'll nab em...I got lca's now as well yes...non adjustable though...they are the 3 piece poly ball ones from hotpart...They're not rubbing the inside of the fender...Im positive it is that back plastic piece, but only under breaking...

My front tires are 245 50 R16 Hankook ventus HR II tires...they're a street radial...I will only be using the ET streets at the track, the only reason I had them on the street was for a dry test run...

I'm leaving for the track in about 20 mins, so wish me luck and look for a "It broke 13's" type post soon :banana:

Thanks guys/gals...
            Good luck! Hope you did well!! :tup:
            2011 Cadillac CTS-V

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X